Site Name: USA - Maryland - Rockville
Posted Date: Jan 23 2019
As Learned and Development Advisor you will support the existence of a compliant training program at the Rockville site, ensuring training exists and is appropriately assigned in the LMS (Learning Management System) MyLearning to drive employee technical, compliance, business skill and leadership capabilities for site roles. Responsible for conducting training, supporting the development and improvement of training materials based on job needs. This position will play a critical role in supporting site departments with learning and development needs to enable the site strategy and will therefore have to build strong relationships and collaborate with stakeholders. Additionally, this role will engage with the global service departments in GL&D for training administration and support.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
• Drive site training compliance through the development of tools, metrics, and communication.
• Lead collaboration with site customers and perform learning/skill gap analysis to identify capability needs with SME input while applying adult learning principles, standard tools, procedures and project management skills.
• Develop and lead capability building programs & learning strategy projects that promote training consistency and effectiveness; including learner needs tracking, curricula improvements, new hire training, train the trainer, pre-campaign learning needs assessments, evaluation strategy, etc.
• Conduct Trainer the Trainer courses for staff that perform on the job training (OJT)
• Roll-out new and coordinate on-going capability building programs and support timely completion
• Manage the Site Learning Zone
• Execute basic & advanced training, while applying trainer skills
• Coordinate training with SME trainers
• Support learners to understand global learning requirements, learning management practices or learning systems.
• Support the execution of learning evaluation strategy and measurement of effectiveness of learning interventions to drive improvements or fill training gaps/needs identified.
• Benchmark within the GL&D organization and outside of the organization to identify learning and development best practices.
• Acquire MyLearning administration access to record learning, schedule and run reports, at minimum
• Support the site with internal and external compliance and regulatory audits
• Additional duties as assigned.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
• 3 - 6 years working in a cGMP related environment (preferably
Biopharm) in a role related to or supporting Quality, Manufacturing or
1 - 2 years of training experience, including design,
development and delivery of training
• 5 - 6 years of training experience, including design, development and
delivery of training.
• Intermediate to advanced software application skills (Captivate, MS
Project, Excel, Visio, Word, One Note, SharePoint, Power Point and
video editing programs), as needed
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
• Strong public speaking, planning and organizational skills
• Political savvy and Emotional Intelligence
• Ability to prioritize workload and handle pressure, interruptions and
• Proven ability to work to tight deadlines with accuracy and confidence
• Ability to take initiative, identify solutions with minimal guidance, and
maintain a drive for continuous improvement
• Intermediate problem-solving abilities
• Excellent communication skills and possess the necessary skills to
build partnerships across boundaries to maintain a customer focused
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk. Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution. Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning. Sustaining energy and well-being Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations. Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top