Junior Product Designer
Site Name: UK - Hertfordshire - Stevenage, USA - Pennsylvania - Upper Providence, UK - London - Brentford
Posted Date: Nov 4 2019
Are you highly self-motivated, forward-thinking and like to explore new ways of applying existing and new technologies to solve Business problems ? Do you understand the importance of prioritising according to business value and can communicate with stakeholders ? Do you have an interest in applying modern technology to GSKs R&D Business Operations, to enable GSK to derive greater insights, reduce risk and optimise cost and timelines? If so, this role is for you.
R&D Tech strive to deliver products and services to our R&D customers that meet the needs of the business whilst being intuitive, efficient, effective and satisfying to use. We require a Junior Product Designer with an interest in business- and user-centred analysis, and an appreciation for design and process improvement, to join our Product Team. They will help deliver better user experiences and business processes within our application portfolio, identifying opportunities to improve systems and processes whilst advocating a user-centred focus within Agile ways of working.
GSK R&D is led by science. Science is driving an ever-increasing variance and complexity across R&D and its related approaches to planning, sourcing, partnerships and alliances. This presents great opportunity for Tech enablement via investments in modern platform technologies and Digital applications, across GSKs Pharma and Vaccines organisations.
The Business Operations product family within R&D Tech addresses the business needs of the Strategy, Planning, and Operations (SP&O) group, R&D Finance, R&D governance bodies, portfolio managers, Business Development, and Third-party Risk & Oversight. Technology aligned to this area will cover the breadth of acquiring, managing and transforming operational data pertinent to planning and managing R&D programs. That includes all three main elements of program and project management cost, FTE resource, and timelines for both plans and actual spend/achievement. Additionally, the product landscape will address portfolio management and scenario planning tools and tools required to support external partnership. Overall, we aspire to equip R&D leaders everywhere with the essential details of upcoming project needs and resource demand so that trade-off decisions can be made nimbly in support of the evolving portfolio.
The Junior Product Designer role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include the following:
- Helping to optimise the delivery of business value through business partnering, process improvement, user research and user-centred design.
- Co-ordinating user research activities within the R&D customer base of this product area.
- Obtaining an understanding of the business domain and processes within a product area, capturing user goals, needs and expectations and helping to translate these into personas, journeys and user stories that help drive towards improvements.
- Co-ordinating and helping to plan experience design activities, aimed at improving user interfaces and task flows through wireframing, prototyping and ideation workshops.
- Working closely with other Product Designers and the Product Owner and other members of the product team, with a clear focus on delivering value quickly while helping to steer the product area towards business- and user-centred improvements.
- Engaging with the R&D Tech UX & Design Team to support the maturity of UX and Design across R&D Tech, specifically working with other UX practitioners and sharing experiences.
- This role is accountable for ensuring that the relevant ITMS / Agile for GxP Business Analysis deliverables are delivered and maintained in a timely manner and to appropriate quality
- The position involves communication to individual contributors, lower management and external partners across R&D Tech to apply product analysis and design in a business context with deep analytical and meaningful insights.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Awareness of the IT industry, of software analysis, design and delivery, and an appreciation of the User Experience (UX) space, particularly areas of user research, experience design and service design
- Passion for the software design and delivery (both analytical and technical) along with interest in the UX space
- Completion of education to UK A-Levels or country specific equivalent
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Bachelor Degree
- 0-2 years experience in the R&D field.
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
We're open to all talent - whatever your gender, disability, marital status, religion or belief, age, race, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin.
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities. You can either call us on 0808 234 4391, or send an email firstname.lastname@example.org
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is voluntary. This will be used to help us understand how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information, it is not used in any part of the selection process and we will treat your information confidentially and use it anonymously.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top