Junior Counsel - Oral Health and EMEA
Site Name: UK - Surrey - Weybridge, UK - London - Brentford
Posted Date: Feb 16 2020
We are looking for a Counsel to join our Consumer Healthcare team in either Brentford or Weybridge. In this role you will provide legal support to the Oral Health Global Category and Oral Health R&D teams as well as to the legal directors in the EMEA markets.
This is a truly exciting time to join our Consumer Healthcare business as we are in a period of change as we launch exciting new products in a truly dynamic environment.This role would suit someone looking to build up their experience level.
Please note In this role you will be required to spend time between the two sites.
- Advising on advertising law and reviewing and approving advertising copy, including advising on the level of risk associated with certain advertising claims and copy
- Providing legal support in relation to advertising challenges brought by or against Oral Health brands
- Advising on proposed marketing activities
- Advising the Oral Health R&D teams on R&D projects
- Supporting the Oral Health Regulatory team on corporate governance issues
- Advising on sales promotions
- Negotiating/drafting and/or reviewing simple commercial agreements and other legal documents;
- Undertaking legal research
- Supporting the creation of legal guidance notes, templates and training materials
- Providing support to the Assistant General Counsel, Oral Health
- Providing support to the UK-based EMEA legal team
- Support for other legal projects as required according to business need
- Appropriate and timely escalation of material issues to the Assistant General Counsel, Oral Health, or the relevant Legal Director
- Qualified as a Solicitor or Barrister (if the latter you will have had experience working in an advisory role either in private practice or in house)
- Strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to communicate at all levels within the business
- High levels of learning agility
- An interest in the world of Consumer Healthcare
- Business partnering experience
- Prior experience in a Commercial Advisory role
- Familiarity with advertising law
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
We're open to all talent - whatever your gender, disability, marital status, religion or belief, age, race, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin.
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities. You can either call us on 0808 234 4391, or send an email firstname.lastname@example.org
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top