Japan Project Leader (Oncology)
- Tokyo, Japan
Site Name: Japan - Tokyo - Akasaka
Posted Date: Feb 19 2020
The Japan Project Leader is a matrix leadership role within the Oncology Medical and Development division and leads the cross functional Japan project teams.
The role will be overall accountable for the Japan project strategy, plan and execution;
- Be accountable for MDL/Japan senior management
- Lead team and make decisions with smart-risk taking
- Lead with enterprise views and inspire team to deliver ambitious goals
- Lead by examples to implement the new R&D Science x Technology x Culture approach
- Lead the matrix team to set up and deliver Japan project objectives
- In close cooperation with the global team, lead the development and update of the Japan development plan including LCM plan according to internal and external data and competitive landscape and in alignment with the global development strategy
- Ensure alignment with disease strategy in Japan and report to Japan Oncology head
- Take accountability for the project timeline and budget
- Lead the Japan development activities according to the plan and lead the responses to regulatory authorities
- Lead Japan/global governance reviews for endorsement
• Provide leadership in establishment and working of the Japan project team
• Embed strategic mindset as well as a value creation culture and process in the project team
• Contribute a robust knowledge of disease area, governance and GSK policies - identifying and assisting in management of issues regarding compliance with governance and risk management practices
• Coach and mentoring junior team members
• 10 years experience in the Pharmaceutical industry with specific experience of leading matrix teams
• Experience in clinical development
• Oncology experience clinically or within pharmaceutical industry
• Experience and understanding of the drug development, regulatory and commercialization process, including clinical trial development, is critical to the role.
• Experience in change management and restructuring, building capabilities
• Strong matrix leadership
• Deep understanding of differences in cultures/ways of working between Japan and Westerns countries and across R&D, medical, commercial and global functions
• Ability to bridge efficient and effective communication among key stakeholders in Japan and global
Masters, Pharm D, PhD or MD in Life science, Pharmaceutical, Medical or equivalent
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top