Investigator in Imaging Data Analytics
- Collegeville, PA
Site Name: USA - Pennsylvania - Upper Providence
Posted Date: Apr 27 2020
Investigator, Imagining Data Analytics - Machine Learning Engineering
As an Investigator, your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Deliver new software tools for imaging scientists across GSK to enhance the endpoint decision making from a range of imaging data.
- Evaluate state-of-the-art software systems and algorithms to support the development, design, and implementation of analytic pipelines for biomedical images and data.
- Architect, engineer, and implement machine learning solutions and data mining protocols for a wide variety of data scales and types, including use of approaches obtained from the wider Expertise Networks
- Calibrate and validate computational models; Consolidate multivariate analyses and provide recommendations to support the human-machine collaborative development of new automation solutions for on-the-fly QCl assessments.
- Ensure the continuous operation, optimization, scalability and generalization of business-oriented workflows in support of imaging endpoints for drug discovery and development
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
- Experience in a quantitative discipline such as Data analytics, Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics etc. is required; as is enthusiasm for biomedicine.
- Knowledgeable in modules/components of image analytics pipelines, including segmentation, object detection, feature extraction, feature selection, and visualization.
- Good understanding of state-of-the-art methodologies and software libraries in the field of machine learning, deep learning and computer vision.
- Fluent with at least one of the programming languages (Python, C/C++, MATLAB, R, Java), deep learning frameworks (Tensorflow, Caffe, or Pytorch), operation systems (Windows or UNIX) and cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Although not mandatory, publication in CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, NIPS, MICCAI, ICML, or ICLR is a plus.
- Must demonstrate outstanding personal initiative, communication skills, and the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Masters Degree or PhD.
- Experience with more advanced analytical techniques in biology .
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top