- Collegeville, PA
Site Name: USA - Pennsylvania - Upper Providence
Posted Date: Dec 7 2020
Are you a passionate and motivated scientist with a focus on drug discovery and development in the field of Immuno-Oncology (IO)? If so, this might be a great opportunity for you. The Immuno-Oncology & Combinations RU (research unit) within the GSK Oncology organization is seeking a scientist to enable the discovery/validation of novel cancer immunotherapies and provide critical path biology/MoA support for assets entering the clinic. If this seems appealing, the Investigator , Immuno-Oncology couldbe an ideal position to explore.
As an Investigator of the Immuno-Oncology & Combinations RU, your responsibilities will be to:
- Work within a dynamic environment as a member of a global matrix team to identify, progress, and provide ongoing translational support for novel cancer immunotherapies.
- Manage other scientists within your line to identify and validate novel therapeutic targets.
- Work independently to design and execute impactful experiments which influence the direction of assets within the GSK Oncology portfolio.
- Champion innovative experimental techniques/technologies, including scalable ex vivo immunological assays and high-parameter FACS/RNAseq-based immune cell profiling.
- Build communication networks across the GSK R&D organization.
- Guide the maturation and de-risking of novel therapeutic IO concepts.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- PhD in Immuno-Oncology or related field with 4+ years post-doctoral experience.
- Minimum of three years experience defining/executing target discovery/validation and pre-clinical experimental medicine development (biologics and small molecules).
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- 2+ years pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry research experience
- Highly preferred: Direct and/or management experience for a range of biologists including biochemists, cellular/molecular biologists and cell-based assay developers & flow cytometry/CyTOF experts.
- Strong peer-reviewed publication, public speaking / presentation and/or inventorship record.
- Excellent problem-solving skills including critical and analytical thinking.
- Deep expertise in immunology, good interpersonal skills and an ability to work independently.
- Experience in laboratory research and knowledge of current scientific techniques.
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
This is a job description to aide in the job posting, but does not include all job evaluation details.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top