Investigator , Immunologist
- Collegeville, PA
Site Name: USA - Pennsylvania - Upper Providence
Posted Date: Jun 5 2020
GlaxoSmithKline is looking for a highly motivated and creative scientist to join the department of Screening, Profiling & Mechanistic Biology (SPMB) at GSK's research facility in Upper Providence, Pennsylvania. The primary responsibility of the SPMB department is to deliver high quality, biologically relevant pre-clinical leads for all GSK therapeutic areas, by employing a combination of scientific tools and methodologies, including but not limited to assay development, high throughput screening, compound profiling, and mechanism of action studies.
As an Investigator - Immunologist you will develop cellular immunology assays in the context of oncology or inflammation and use these to generate and characterize leads for preclinical drug discovery. In this lab-based role you will contribute to discovery projects and technology advances and you will aid other scientists in the development and analysis of experiments. You will be encouraged to find new applications and synergies between technology platforms.
The successful candidate will be expected to be effective in designing and executing experiments at the highest possible scientific standard, highly flexible and independent, and capable of prioritizing across multiple projects.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following...
- Design and implementation of plate-based cellular immunology assays to evaluate small molecules and biologics in pathways governing innate or adaptive immunity
- Work in a matrix team environment to enable optimum delivery of project and department objectives
- Work with human biological samples, adhering to standard operating procedures for the handling and tracking of biological samples
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Ph.D. in immunology or related biological sciences (such as Cell Biology, Oncology, or Pharmacology) with a strong record of scientific publications
- Expertise in multicolor immunophenotyping and functional analysis of immune cells, such as mixed lymphocyte reactions (MLR), antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity (ADCC), or multiplexed cytokine assays
- Experience developing cellular primary co-culture systems or assays that reflect the biology of the tumor microenvironment
- Self-directed learning ability and drive for scientific excellence
- Extensive laboratory experience and strong theoretical background in flow cytometry and/or cellular assay development
- Competent in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and FlowJo software (or similar)
- Track record of independent thinking and problem-solving
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to enable success in a matrix team environment
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigor and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top