Investigator, Flow Cytometry
- Collegeville, PA
Site Name: USA - Pennsylvania - Upper Providence
Posted Date: Sep 10 2020
We are looking for a highly motivated, flexible and experienced Immunophenotyping Flow Cytometrist to join Cellular Biomarkers team within the Bioanalysis, Immunogenicity and Biomarkers (BIB) department based in Collegeville, PA. This group is responsible for developing and validating complex multi-parametric biomarker assays for use in clinical and preclinical studies. Data from this group is a key component in understanding molecules in the GSK pipeline by providing critical measurements of both target engagement and pharmacodynamic endpoints. Another important deliverable from this group is providing complex deep immunophenotyping data, enabling investigation into disease signatures and to develop understanding of treatment responses for individual patients.
The successful individual will act as a technical expert in flow cytometry, supporting both high parameter deep immunophenotyping of immune cell subsets and receptor occupancy endpoints. This role will include all aspects of method development, trouble-shooting, validation and sample analysis for various clinical and preclinical studies requiring flow cytometry endpoints. You will be responsible for completion of all aspects of assay workflow including reagent selection/optimization, sample preparation, sample acquisition, data analysis & interpretation, and presentation. In addition, you will ensure all work is conducted in compliance with GLP/GCP regulations (when necessary) and follow the appropriate SOPs.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- 2 years post-PhD experience with flow cytometry or Bachelors/Masters with 10 years of experience
- Experience designing and executing 12+ color panels
- Experience phenotyping multiple subpopulations of immune cells
- Experience of clinical and non-clinical flow cytometry biomarker assay development, validation and implementation
- Experience working with a variety of sample types including whole blood, PBMC, cell lines and single-cell suspension from tissue samples
- Experience in the use of flow cytometry analysis softwares (Flowjo and FCS Express preferred
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Hands on experience with the Cytek Aurora or BD Symphony
- Ability to design and execute 18+ color panels
- Hands on experience with high-dimensional data analysis (e.g. tSNE, SPADE, CITRUS, FLOWSom)
- Good understanding of new cytometers/softwares on the market.
- Understanding of clinical and non-clinical flow cytometry biomarker assay development, validation and implementation
- Experience working with CROs to complete flow cytometry assay transfers
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top