Investigator, Chemical Development
Site Name: USA - Pennsylvania - Upper Providence
Posted Date: Aug 2 2019
GlaxoSmithKline is recognized internationally for its innovative approach to drug discovery and development. Our success is built on the collaboration of multi-disciplinary teams of scientists sharing their ideas and expertise. We are currently looking for a highly motivated synthetic organic chemists to join our Chemical Development team in suburban Philadelphia. The role provides scientific, technological and practical input to deliver commercial routes of synthesis within R&D. The successful applicant has an excellent practical and theoretical understanding of synthetic chemistry or a relevant technology and will conduct scientific work programs and make contributions both independently or as a member of a team.
- PhD in Chemistry
- Expertise in state-of-the art synthetic organic chemistry
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Scientific record demonstrating excellence in chemistry (e.g. publications, patents, or presentations)
Behaviors & competencies:
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High learning agility
Preferred qualifications (in addition to basic qualifications):
- 1-3 years postdoctoral experience and/or industrial experience
- Has demonstrated creativity in organic chemistry while solving complex problems
Behaviors & competencies:
- Track record of working effectively in a team environment
- Self-aware; seeks ways to improve personal and scientific skills
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top