Investigator, Cancer Biology (Oncology)
- Cambridge, MA
Site Name: USA - Massachusetts - Cambridge
Posted Date: Sep 24 2020
Are you energized by a challenging role in the Oncology Synthetic Lethality Research Unit, where scientific demand is driving team growth? If so, this Investigator, Cancer Biology role would be a great opportunity to consider.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following :
The successful candidate will lead a highly motivated team to discover and develop novel oncology drugs with a clear genetic relationship to cancer. More specific activities include leading oncology drug discovery programs from target validation through clinical candidate nomination. Studies will also involve identification and development of pharmacodynamic markers and assays to be used in non-clinical and clinical studies.
- PhD in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, or related life sciences field with strong scientific background in cell biology and oncology and a minimum of 5 years of pharmaceutical drug discovery experience
- Experience leading cross functional drug development teams from target identification/validation through clinical candidate nomination
- Demonstrated experience and ability of developing and implementing new scientific strategies in the field of tumor biology coupled with a strong understanding of the goals of other disciplines that compose a drug discovery project team (e.g. DMPK, toxicology, chemistry)
- Demonstrated experience and ability to design, conduct, and analyze cellular and molecular biology experiments
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Extensive cell biology experience and expertise is expected and experience in cell-based assay development is preferred
- Expertise in High Content image assays and analysis is strongly preferred
- Expertise in DNA Damage Repair pathways is appreciated
- Experience with liquid handling equipment and robotic systems is appreciated
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team/matrix environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong background in cancer biology reflected in peer reviewed publications
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities in a matrix environment.
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top