Investigator, Biopharm Downstream Process Development
Site Name: USA - Pennsylvania - King of Prussia
Posted Date: Oct 23 2019
Are you looking for a challenging opportunity that allows you to leverage your technical expertise to accelerate delivery in biopharmaceuticals? If so, this Biopharmaceuticals Investigator role could be an exciting opportunity to explore.
As a Biopharmaceuticals Investigator, you will be responsible for building and enhancing biopharmaceutical expertise to be further embedded in the business. You will be involved in all aspects of the development of purification processes including initial process screening, optimization and characterization, scale-up and tech transfer to clinical manufacturing and/or commercial manufacturing partners for therapeutic proteins including monoclonal antibodies, domain antibodies and antibody-drug conjugates. Your primary focus will be on the bench-scale laboratory development of purification unit operations such as column chromatography (affinity, ion exchange, HIC, RP, etc.), ultrafiltration, depth filtration and continuous centrifugation.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
- Work within a team environment to design and execute protein purification experiments and interpret data, and work with other team members to integrate results into process designs and overall project plans
- Manage efforts across multiple projects
- Maintain written standards for critical biopharm systems.
- Provide solutions to enable governance for critical workflows.
- Lead project to establish and maintain platform for automated decision-making.
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- PhD in Chemical/Biochemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Chemistry; or Master's degree with 5-8 years of similar experience; or, Bachelor's degree with 8 or more years of similar experience.
- Extensive theoretical and practical understanding in protein purification and protein chemistry.
- Ability to apply expertise to identify and evaluate new technologies for process development
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Expert in protein purification and process development
- Demonstrated record of scientific achievement and a broad and integrated knowledge of the field.
- Knowledge of continuous processing is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a project team.
- A developing understanding of regulatory standards (viral safety, process validation, GxP, etc.)
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top