- Collegeville, PA
Site Name: USA - Pennsylvania - Upper Providence
Posted Date: Mar 19 2020
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, agile and experienced scientist for the role of Investigator with bioinformatics expertise in biomarker technologies to join the Cellular Biomarkers group within the Bioanalysis, Immunogenicity and Biomarkers (BIB) department based in Collegeville, PA.
This individual will serve as a technical expert in applied genomic and imaging mass cytometry (IMC) technologies and will analyze the data generated to support the understanding of disease heterogeneity, drug's mechanism of action, and patient response to treatment at the molecular level through application of advanced genomic technologies, including Next Generation Sequencing (NGS), single cell analysis, Nanostring, qPCR, etc as well as IMC.
This individual will develop and maintain automated data analysis pipelines and analyze data generated from genomics and imaging mass cytometry applications including NGS, single cell analysis, and immune profiling. The individual will also build data visualization capabilities for analyzed data. The individual will also ensure all work is conducted in compliance with GCLP regulations and develop/ follows the appropriate SOPs.
- Provide technical expertise in NGS and IMC data analysis and management.
- Build/establish capabilities for in house automated NGS and data QC/analysis/visualization
- Preserve, troubleshoot and upgrade the data QC/analysis/visualization capabilities for genomics and imaging mass cytometry pipelines
- Provide support in imaging mass cytometry data visualization and analysis using available software
- Maintain compliance with GCLP regulations for all established data QC/analysis/visualization pipelines and data delivery.
- Collaborate with biomarker leads and provide bioinformatics support to deliver on biomarker strategy as defined by project needs.
- Willingness to develop and train others as required.
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Ph.D. in Biological Sciences (biochemistry, genomics, molecular or cellular biology or related disciplines) with extensive experience of bioinformatics and data analysis of genomics including NGS.
- Experience and knowledge of current bioinformatics analysis methods and platforms for genomics (e.g., RNA-Seq, microbiome, Single cell seq).
- Proven ability to evaluate, establish maintain and troubleshoot data analysis pipelines for genomics and imaging mass cytometry.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Knowledge and proven experience of working with Linux, Basic R, Bash, Python and workflow management.
- Experience of working with various commercial and open source NGS data analysis pipelines.
- Knowledge of Imaging Mass Cytometry data visualization and analysis using MCD viewer and Histocat++, Immune profiling and phenotypically clustering from raw data
- Proactively demonstrate the ability to work in tight deadlines; both independently and in a team.
- Maintains a disciplined approach, ensuring a relentless focus on quality, compliance, scientific rigor and operational excellence for the data from early clinical trial programs
- Excellent collaboration and interpersonal skills to work well with colleagues from all phases of clinical drug development and influence biomarker testing strategies.
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top