Internship : Research and Development - Analytical Department - Electrophoresis, PhysicoChemical & Immunoassays, Belgium - 2021
- Wavre, Belgium
Site Name: Belgium-Rixensart
Posted Date: Sep 23 2020
Exciting minds with our Internship Programme
Education required: You are regularly enrolled in Master degree in Pharmacy, Biology, Engineering in an Educational Establishment located in EEA/CH.
Language requirement: English and/or French
Start date: January 2021
Application deadline: We recommend you apply as soon as possible, because we accept ongoing applications and we will close the position once we have enough matching candidates
Want to solve some of the world's biggest health challenges?
With over 300 years of innovation, we're a science-led global healthcare company that delivers billions of innovative products each year. Join us and help millions of people do more, feel better, live longer.
GSK Vaccines- Our Vaccines business has a broad portfolio and innovative pipeline of vaccines to protect people of all ages. We deliver over two million vaccine doses per day to people living in over 160 countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com .
Patient-focused Research and Development (R&D) is the heart of our business. Our R&D department seeks to discover and develop new vaccines, to protect against diseases where vaccines are not yet available and to improve on those vaccines that already exist. Part of our R&D programme targets diseases particularly prevalent in the developing world, including the World Health Organisation's three priority diseases - HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria. Research into candidate vaccines for other diseases of the developing world, such as dengue are at an earlier stage of development.
When it comes to developing the vaccines of the future, we're looking for real experts in their respective fields who are interested in working in the stimulating environment of an international healthcare company.
We emphasise the value of teamwork and we look for people ready to share our values of transparency, respect, integrity and patient focus.
What will you do? On our internship programme you'll receive tailored on-the-job training from industry experts combined with early responsibility to help you to develop and progress.
Your duties might include:
- Follows training on automation platforms to be able to develop specific tailored programs on those platforms
- Proposes draft study designs for discussion with manager or more experienced scientists
- Performs research activities in laboratories, including sample preparation using robotic systems, data acquisition and report to team / manager
- Propose and implement pragmatic solutions to address operational technical and scientific issues. Taking into account already existing knowledge
- Looks for appropriate data sources
- Actively participates in internal meetings including scientific / technical presentations for information or decision making
- Consults other team members to ensure consistency of the scientific/ technical approach or strategy
- Train equipment users on developed programs after implementation
You'll be excited by the thought of:
- growing your scientific knowledge and project management skills
- developing and practicing skills in basic or simple technical problem identification, analysis and solving supported by more experienced individuals
- learning how to prioritise and manage multiple projects, objectives and deadlines
- use of very advanced robotic solutions.
We're 100% open to all talent
We're 100% open to all talent - whatever your gender, marital status, religion, age, colour, race, sexual orientation, nationality or disability. We want to recruit the right people for GSK from the widest possible backgrounds, so we can better serve the diversity of our patients and consumers. And also because it's the right thing to do.
If you have a disability and require assistance during the course of the selection process, you will have the opportunity to let us know what specific assistance you require in order to make suitable arrangements.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top