Innovation Specialist (m/w/d)
- Ingolstadt, Germany
Site Name: Munich - Office
Posted Date: Mar 31 2020
The Innovation Specialist, Germany is a critical role and provides technology leadership for all innovation products across domains. Role works in conjunction with the Category teams to bring all innovation projects to life in the country. Role will bring in value from a consumer and customer perspective by solving the pain points and bring about maximum gain to them keeping in view our business goals with respect to brands and categories.
Role is an exciting one given that it will have an opportunity a) to make a difference across the enterprise in the Consumer area working on all innovation till the MVP stage. Working closely to transfer ownership to product teams for scale up b) Nurture, engage and develop startups at country level to accelerate innovation and c) Work on emerging technologies / models such as AI / ML, IOT, CRM, D2C, CDP etc., d) Evaluate, execute and support demands coming through as part of the Innovation fund e) Support Category led innovations projects.
- This role involves Innovation Acceleration: Ideal candidates will:
- Be a "Go-Getter" to act as the "headlights" to GSK by scouting for and experimenting with tech trends - evaluate trending disruptive technology patterns, seek and define GSK business challenges it could solve. Raise business IQ in "art of possible" and prioritize use cases for rapid prototyping.
- Identify an ecosystem of partners, education, startups and vendors to aid the innovation ideation through to prototype.
- Digital Innovation Framework/Process defined and institutionalized.
- Work in conjunction with the Platforms and Architecture team to define tech stack architecture, prioritize and build out as a service.
- Foster and embed a culture of innovation for our people.
- Manage access to Tech Innovation Fund and drive local initiatives.
The role is rare in that the scope for you to make an impact is very real and you will interface significantly with senior colleagues across the company. This is an excellent time to be joining a highly successful market leader in the healthcare industry and drive significant technology change across the organization.
- Bachelor's degree; Computer science or relevant technical degree preferred. Ideal candidate would have built an impressive hands-on career to date in an advanced, recognized and innovative environment.
- Successful experiencein software development and proven history managing and delivering complex projects in a Digital and/or Connected Devices space.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and manage vendor relations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to align stakeholders from business and IT with competing priorities.
- Extensive organizational skills to manage internal and external expectations and project artefacts.
- Very high level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others, motivate team members, and elicit work output in a team environment.
- Proven experience in successfully working in a team setting and ability to reconcile conflicts
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and digital technologies.
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done
- Have a highly innovative mind-set and experience with connected healthcare devices is a plus.
- Ability to work in close partnership with other IT functions such as IT security, compliance, infrastructure, etc. as well as partner closely with business stakeholders in the digital and R&D organizations.
- Strong demonstrated working experience in Digital projects with the marketing functions lie CRM, D2C, E-commerce, First Party Data, Social Commerce, etc.
- Deep experience with modern toolsets in Agile environments.
- A strong background in technology, analysis and critical evaluation of information gathered from multiple sources.
- Experience in creating and improving processes.
- Significant experience in FMCG, FMCH or Tech company is required. Experience in Healthcare or Pharma industry a Plus.
- Ability to develop and maintain productive working links with suppliers and specialist technology providers to assemble and maintain a distinctive and flexible mix of capabilities against project requirements.
- Both written and spoken German in addition to fluency in English.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top