Site Name: Poznan Business Garden
Posted Date: Mar 1 2021
Are you excited at the prospect of working on ground-breaking projects that leverage and develop novel, cutting - edge systems, technologies and methodologies that have a huge impact on health, wellness, and patient outcomes around the globe? If so, then read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity for you in the GSK's R&D Innovation Team!
As an Innovation Engineer , you will work on the design , development, and implementation of new systems and methodologies that will leverage, but are not limited, to Infrastructure as Code, Containers, Cloud, Blockchain, Quantum Computin g , Big Data, Knowledge Graphs, Cyber Security, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team within GSK's R&D Technology with experience in Entrepreneurship, Data Science and High-Performance Computing. Our members are passionate about technology innovation. Some hold multiple PhDs have worked in Silicon Valley (California) and at the IBM T J Watson Research Centre (New York) for the US government. We have consistently delivered excellent results on mission - critical systems using scalable solutions and bleeding - edge technologies and methods . GSK l eadership is leveraging us to ideate, create , and productionize novel, ground-breaking, high-value solutions for increasingly complex and critical challenges.
We expect that you will be able to work independently, if necessary, but also be a good team player to collaborate in the development and integration of solutions for our most challenging projects.
One of key principles of performant and scalable solutions is the infrastructure on which the solution is deployed. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of delivering enterprise solutions across multiple clouds or a with a hybrid-cloud/burst architecture. You should be familiar with the GitOps / DevOps ways of working , Infrastructure as code , building and pioneering new development tools and environments, understanding hybrid cloud and cloud agnostic infrastructures and high pace/high quality deliveries through use of automation and deployment techniques.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals :
- 3 years + working experience as a S oftware E ngineer or DevOps Engineer
- 3 years + experience in deploying solutions on C loud P latforms , preferably Azure or GCP
- Expertise with c ontainer technologies: Kubernetes, Helm , GitOps
- Experience in design, implementation and productionisation of large-scale systems
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in Terraform, Ansible
- Knowledge and e xperience in using CI/CD suites : Azure and GCP DevOps, Jenkins
- Experience implementing container security best practices including image and cluster scanning
- U nderstanding of agile software delivery including analysis, enterprise dev and quality assurance
- Collaborative with strong communication and documentation skills , able to work dispersed teams
The following list of qualifications will be a plus for us, when selecting candidates :
- Experience in Site Reliability Engineer ing
- Experience with automated infrastructure and code testing - Chef InSpec , code linters.
- Expertise with non-imperative paradigms - Scala, Haskell, F#, T ypescript or Open Policy Access Rego
- Streaming data experience with technologies like Apache Kafka
- Experience operating in a highly regulated and secure environment s
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and Agile decision-making
- Using of evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
- Career at one of the leading global healthcare companies
- Contract of employment
- Attractive reward package (annual bonus & awards for outstanding performance, recognition awards for additional achievements and engagement, holiday benefit)
- Life insurance and pension plan
- Private medical package with additional preventive healthcare services for employees and their eligible
- Sports cards (Multisport)
- Possibilities of development within the role and company's structure
- Personalized learning approach (mentoring, online trainings' platforms: Pluralsight, Business Skills, Harvard Manage Mentor, Skillsoft and external trainings)
- Extensive support of work life balance (flexible working solutions, short Fridays option, health & wellbeing activities)
- Supportive community and integration events
- Modern office with creative rooms, fresh fruits everyday
- Free car and bike parking, locker rooms and showers
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.