Innate Immunity, Senior Scientist
- Collegeville, PA
Site Name: USA - Pennsylvania - Upper Providence
Posted Date: Aug 6 2020
Are you a highly motivated scientific professional with technical expertise in immunology, eager to support drug discovery programs to interrogate pharmacology and novel mechanisms of innovative therapeutics for the treatment of autoimmune and inflammatory diseases, as well as related disorders? If so the Senior Scientist role in GSK's Innate Immunity Research Unit could be an ideal opportunity to explore.
As a Senior Scientist in the Innate Immunity RU, you will be working in collaboration with groups across GSK R&D and world-class external partners to develop treatments for autoimmune and inflammatory diseases, as well as related disorders.
This laboratory-based role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following...
- Supporting GSK's research by conducting experiments using established protocols, developing new assays and embedding innovative analysis platforms.
- Delivering data to enable timely decision-making by project teams.
- Communicating results to a range of internal stakeholders.
Why you? Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree in Immunology or a related discipline.
- 3+ years of research experience in an academic or industry laboratory environment.
Preferred Qualifications: If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Master's degree in Immunology or a related discipline.
- Technical expertise in immunological methods such as flow cytometry or cellular immunology assays, cell culture, molecular biology and biochemical assays.
- Competent in designing, prosecuting and interpreting experimental studies.
- Flexibility, with the ability to prioritize multiple projects to meet timelines while maintaining attention to detail and high-performance standards.
- Expertise in innate immune cell biology, including practical experience in the isolation, culture and manipulation of innate immune cells.
- Experience working in matrix project teams.
- Expertise in assay development and validation.
- Understanding of small- and/or large-molecule drug discovery.
- Previous experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Independent, self-starting yet supportive of team-based research.
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
This is a job description to aide in the job posting, but does not include all job evaluation details.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top