Information Architect, Research Solutions Architecture
- London, United Kingdom
Site Name: GSK House, UK - Hertfordshire - Ware, UK - Hertfordshire - Stevenage
Posted Date: May 18 2020
Information Architect, Research Solutions Architecture
Architecture is transforming TD Tech and it is an exciting time to be part of the team. The Information Architect, Research Solutions Tech is a key role in our journey. There is significant scientific modernization occurring in R&D and this is driving investment in new Tech functionality. Additionally, there is a strong focus on scientific data management, integration and re-use. As such there is a real opportunity to add value and impact through well thought-out data flows and Information architecture with an emphasis on data fabric. Coupled to this there is a demand from R&D users for standardized, analytics ready data, which places a strong emphasis on high quality information architecture.
As an Information Architect, you will be accountable for Research solution information knowledge and work closely with product teams to drive information architecture, data standards, master data, and data quality. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining conceptual & logical information model, data standards and practices align to industry standards, where available and tech architecture plan.
This role will provide you the opportunity to lead key activities to progress your career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Undertake detailed analysis of the information management requirements across Research systems and platforms to guide the development of information management standards in line with the Research target architecture.
- Define, develop and communicate Research information management standards related to security
- Define, develop and communicate the research data classification standards to promote consistent and optimal data management practices
- Develop and maintain conceptual and logical data models
- To develop, maintain and socialize target Information architectures to optimize the organization, storage, flow and integration of data across applications and processes within business domains.
- To develop Target Information Architectures, to include (but is not limited to):
- The business requirements for data processing and reporting
- The business expectations for the quality of the data
- The strategy for data collection, management & maintenance
- The overall organization of the data (transactional systems, reporting systems, management systems) and the metadata
- The conceptual-level data design (e.g. business information models)
- Data lifecycle management, including archival, of data
- The interlock with other strategies such as process, application, infrastructure and business intelligence
- To provide Design Authority for implementation of the Target Information Architecture.
- To drive the adoption of the Target Information Architecture on related projects.
- To drive the adoption of data standards and data quality management techniques within the business and IT communities.
- To drive the definition and adoption of master data sources within the business and IT communities.
- To ensure that cross-organizational data access requirement, including at the GSK Corporate level, are understood and are appropriately addressed within the Target Information Architecture.
- To keep abreast of emerging trends in data integration and design technologies and integrate them into the target architectures when appropriate
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, engineering, or similar discipline
- Relevant Pharmaceutical Research domain experience and / or exposure to enterprise architecture in an IT organization
- Experience of Biomedical ontologies, Entity registration, inventory, sample management and CMC data/standards
- Track record in successful architecture and design.
- Track record in delivering business impact through IT enabled solutions.
- Experience of Agile and DevOps
- Experience with all artefacts of modelling information in an enterprise
- Strong influencing and communication skills.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Masters or PhD in computer science, engineering or similar discipline
- Knowledge Graph (neo4j, GRAKN)
- Experience deploying data catalogs and master data solutions in a large enterprise
- Experience constructing a data fabric or similar architecture
- Design and architecture of BI and analytic environments
- Integration of AI and ML in business applications
Interested in Joining the Team?
Please apply via our online portal providing your CV and Cover Letter.
Please ensure you apply before COB 31st May 2020 to ensure you're in the running!
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging - to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
You will join GSK's vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Find out how you can do this .
WHO WILL I BE WORKING WITH?
Click here to meet your team .
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities. You can either call us on 0808 234 4391, or send an email firstname.lastname@example.org
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top