Health Outcomes Director
- Brentford, United Kingdom
Site Name: UK - London - Brentford
Posted Date: Sep 24 2020
Director, Health Outcomes
A key role is available within our health outcomes group in the UK. This position leads the health outcomes strategy and implementation of the GSK vaccines, respiratory and specialty portfolio, to inform brand strategy, influence our customers and hence to maximise the potential for market/patient access and commercial return.
We aim for this role to be the leading source of expertise and insight into National Payers within the UK with respect to relevant brands including responsibility for submissions to NICE, SMC, AWMSG, Ireland and the Joint Committee of Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI). To utilise the insight of the holder to represent the UK perspective in processes to ensure R&D plans for new assets will meet the needs of these customers.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leading health outcomes activity to generate and publish high quality and timely data to support the access of a broad section of the GSK portfolio to the UK market.
- Developing a deep expertise and insight into the requirements of national and local payer customers within the UK. This may include membership of appropriate ABPI groups as well as developing networks with relevant senior customers deputising for the Head of Health Outcomes as appropriate. May include being industry representative on these organisations' key committees.
- Developing and implementing the strategy to ensure optimum positioning of brands within NICE, SMC AWMSG, JVCI and NCPE guidance - including leading the subsequent development of appropriate submissions, agreeing our strategic approach with senior stakeholders across the business and all interactions with these government agencies. Review and approval of submissions developed within the team.
- Ensuring that GSK is fully conversant with technical and analytical requirements for these groups and that our submissions, responses, tools and services meet appropriate technical standards and that sign off procedures are developed and implemented. Will include having review and approval responsibility for all materials developed within their therapy area.
- Developing and sharing best practice for formulary submissions and tool platforms, observational research, sources and uses of data sources, including NHS open data, patient-reported outcomes and patient experience.
- Utilising expertise to inform UK assessments of key pipeline assets to inform R&D planning, including presentation at payer advisory boards and representing the UK at above country cross functional teams.
- Line management may be required of a small number of health outcomes staff (grade between 6-8). Ensure members of staff are effectively developed to ensure they have the necessary capabilities to support health outcomes requirements of appropriate NHS customers.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Degree level or equivalent in relevant subject area, E.g. biomedical science, professions aligned to or including medicine, economics, statistics.
- Experience with leading on the strategy for NICE HTAs and a good understanding of modelling approaches to support these HTAs, or equivalent experience working as a technical analyst or advisor at a reimbursement authority.
- Good understanding of Real World Evidence collection and other health outcomes studies to support specialty medicine HTAs and reimbursement in the UK.
- Ability to demonstrate strategic thinking and cross-functional working to generate and define health outcomes strategies for a wide range of GSK brands and services.
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills up to UK management team level and similar level staff within R&D and Europe.
- Experience of line management and developing others.
Preferred Qualifications :
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Relevant higher level specific qualifications e.g. MSc / PhD in Health Economics/Public Health/Epidemiology/Statistics
- Excellent leadership, communication and influencing skills up to SVP/UK management team including the ability to explain complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Excellent understanding of the NHS as well as prescribing and commissioning issues and customer needs for outcomes evidence.
- Experience of line management
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class(US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities. You can either call us on 0808 234 4391, or send an email email@example.com
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top