Head of Statistics in Disease Area Strategy - Oncology
- Collegeville, PA
Site Name: UK - Hertfordshire - Stevenage, USA - Pennsylvania - Upper Providence
Posted Date: Aug 14 2020
Head of Statistics in Disease Area Strategy - Oncology
Are you a strategic, collaborative and entrepreneurial leader? We are investing in a new capability focused on disease strategy in order to align the statistical principles applied to oncology indications across Research Units (RU's). In this critical and highly visible role, the Head of Statistics in Disease Area Strategy will provide statistical leadership in planning and implementing decision making strategies across oncology assets with different mechanism of actions in multiple indications of oncology. We need talent people like you to bring your proven statistical expertise, leadership, influence and in-depth oncology knowledge to influence strategy and identify and capitalize on synergies. You will also be a people leader who is able to build, lead and develop a team of statistical experts.
GSK Oncology has a commitment to the discovery and development of new oncology therapies with the life-changing potential of helping patients with cancer, specifically in four areas of cancer research: Cancer Epigenetics, Immuno-Oncology, Oncology Cell & Gene Therapy and Synthetic Lethality.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Build a team of statisticians who specialize in global statistical strategies by oncology indications
- Partner with disease strategy lead in the clinical development organization to drive the alignment in asset development across RUs
- Collaborate with heads of statistics in four RUs to identify the opportunities to align and harmonize the designs and analyses for each oncology indication
- Invest in developing knowledge in global regulatory submissions across assets and countries with different mechanism of actions in multiple indications of oncology.
- Serve as statistical expert for internal and external collaborators, investigators, consultants, and contract resources
- Lead statistical assessment in the business development opportunities
- Represent GSK-Oncology Biostatistics at scientific meetings and presentations
- Influence planning and decision-making strategy over a portfolio of assets through building and maintaining effective business relationships with key functions
- Contribute to and influence the strategic direction of the asset development and regulatory submission via rigorous and robust statistical knowledge
- Ensure state-of-the-art expertise on all methodological aspects of drug development in statistics
- Prioritize the acquisition, retention and development of key talents
- Served as a member of the Oncology Biostatistics Leadership Team.
- Master's degree in Statistics or closely related field
- 10+ years' experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- 5+ years' experience supporting oncology from a statistical perspective
- 5 years' experience as a people leader
- Familiar with the oncology statistical methodologies, either emerging or implemented, in order to maximize program success.
- Knowledge/understanding of clinical development process through commercialization
Preferred Experience or Qualifications:
- PhD in Statistics or closely related field
- Ability to drive and influence strategic direction
- Exceptional capability to influence leadership.
- Familiarity with regulatory interactions and pathways.
- Adept at:
- Embedding talent management throughout the team
- Provide constructive feedback to enable team members to perform to their optimum
- Create and lead an empowered, motivated team where diversity of thought is encouraged.
- Track record of strong statistical contributions and accomplishments in clinical drug development, with a broad knowledge of all phases of drug development (pre-clinical; Phase I-IV).
- Demonstrated ability to lead or make major contributions to department, organizational and/or industry-wide initiatives, through effective communication and influence.
- Expertise in a range of statistical methodologies with application to real problems
- Examples of applying innovative statistical thinking
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigor and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top