Head of Market Access & CGA (m/f/d)
- Vienna, Austria
Site Name: Austria
Posted Date: Jul 15 2020
Why this role?
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer.
In this role as Head of Market Access and CGA you will be supporting our core pharmaceutical portfolio:
- Since 50 years GSK is a pioneer and leader in respiratory diseases. We are relentlessly working for patients with COPD/asthma and severe eosinophilic asthma to achieve better breathing.
- We have a broad existing vaccine portfolio to protect people in all ages.
- We are here to put an end to HIV & aids - Leave no person living with HIV behind. GSK / ViiV have a broad portfolio of HIV medicines and are producing several the most used products in current standard of care.
- GSK Oncology is committed to the discovery and development of new and potentially life-changing therapies for patients with cancer. Our approach to oncology is focused on innovation in the areas of immuno-oncology, cell therapy, cancer epigenetics, synthetic lethality and most recently in genetic medicine
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key external stakeholders across all payer bodies to ensure early and optimal access across the product life cycle.
- Anticipate and raise potential challenges and mitigation strategies for pipeline products
- Lead and be accountable for local market access plan in line with product strategy, pricing guidance and reimbursement timelines from above country MA team:
- Localizing global reimbursement dossier, budget impact model, value propositions etc to ensure high quality national reimbursement submissions
- Creation of robust business proposals for price approval requests
- Demonstrate thought leadership by raising awareness of pricing and market access opportunities & threats with above country access counterparts
- Work as part of the cross functional team to optimize the GSK portfolio. Including working with:
- Medical team to generate local evidence (e.g. registry data) to drive access
- Commercial team to optimize identify subnational barriers to access and address them
- Financial team to ensure clarity and alignment for price approvals and access timelines
- Cross-functional team to provide timely input on pipeline products (unmet need, positioning, target price, comparator, timelines) as well as product launch plan
- Above country access lead to ensure alignment with regional strategy, understanding of cross-country situation
- As a member of the local leadership team:
- Open, curious and engaged to cross functional business agendas and GSK corporate strategy
- Impactfully contribute to the LOC Management Team by providing insights, driving initiatives and constructively challenging views and opinions through an enterprise thinking mindset
- Act as a role model of living the GSK values, acting with integrity and always putting the patient benefit in the core of all decisions and actions
- Liaise closely with GSK Corporate and Government Affairs to lead local implementation and communication of the GSK agenda
- Work closely with GM to position GSK with local Industry Associations and represent GSK's interest with other political stakeholders such as the MoH
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Degree in science, pharmacy, medicine or economics or other related discipline; an advanced degree in economics, finance, public healthcare management or other relevant discipline
- Knowledge of the Austrian market access environment
- Experienced within hematology-oncology and/or other oncologyareas/ rare disease background
- Proven experience in submissions for national pricing and reimbursement
- Proven experience in gaining funding for hospital only medicines
- Extensive payer engagement and negotiation experience
- Leadership experience proven with commercial teams
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication and influential skills
- Excellent interpersonal capabilities in building relationships
- Project management, time management skills and the ability to multi-tasking
- Proficient in German and English - spoken and written
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- enjoy working in cross functional teams
- exited to work in global company with strong values and a local office with great colleagues
- motivated to be part of building an exciting and important therapeutic entity
What we offer:
- An attractive salary package with bonus system and recognition benefits
- A family-friendly, dynamic and flexible working environment
- Care for your well-being through advanced free health/prevention programs, vaccinations and insurance
- Promotion of your individual development through flexible learning opportunities with national and international career opportunities
Market-compliant annual gross salary from EUR 113.000 with corresponding overpayment, depending on your qualifications and relevant experience.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply button. Please submit your application in English as soon as possible.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top