Head - Medical Market Access Statistics
- Stevenage, United Kingdom
Site Name: UK - Hertfordshire - Stevenage, UK - London - Brentford, USA - Pennsylvania - Upper Providence
Posted Date: May 14 2020
Are you a strategic, collaborative and visionary leader? In this critical and highly visible role, the Head of Statistics in Medical and Market Access (SiMMA) will provide global statistical leadership in non-registrational data generation, secondary publication and scientific congress support, and ISR review to support delivery of clearly differentiated medicines to our patients. You will also be a people leader who is able to build, lead and develop a team of You will also be a people leader who is able to build, lead and develop a team of statisticians to collaborate with R&D, medical and commercial organizations as well as VEO to deliver a diverse book of work to support market access across all GSK oncology marketed products and late stage pipeline assets.
GSK Oncology has a commitment to the discovery and development of new oncology therapies with the life-changing potential of helping patients with cancer, specifically in four areas of cancer research: Cancer Epigenetics, Immuno-Oncology, Oncology Cell & Gene Therapy and Synthetic Lethality.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Build a team of statisticians to establish the new capability in supporting oncology medical and market access book of work
- Collaborate with VEO, medical and commercial organization to deliver a large and diverse book of work, across all GSK oncology marketed products and late stage pipeline assets with regards to non-registrational data generation, market access, publication and scientific congress support, ISR review, for identifying important new opportunities, developing responses to scientific requests for information from health care providers, key opinion leaders and bodies of Health Technology Assessment.
- Addressed challenges in market access and reimbursement raised by regional agencies such as the Institute for Quality and Efficiency in Health Care (IQWiG) and Federal Joint Committee (G-BA) in Germany, UK National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE), France Haute Autorite de Sante (HAS) and Australia Pharmaceutical Benefits Advisory Committee (PBAC), in collaboration with other functions
- Partner with RU statisticians to participate in the review of Investigator Sponsored trials and GSK sponsored Phase IV trials (including post marketing commitments).
- Formulate a data strategy to effectively leverage both internal and external data analyses to inform R&D oncology organization for potential future development opportunities
- Collaborate with global/regional Health Economics and Market Access Teams on identifying analysis methods and interpretation of observation data and other real-world type data (such as Patient Registries and Claims Data Bases).
- Invests in developing knowledge outside of conventional statistical expertise in the clinical, regulatory and commercial environments.
- Influence planning and decision-making strategy over a portfolio of assets through building and maintaining effective business relationships with VEO, medical and commercial organizations.
- Serve as a member of the Oncology Biostatistics Leadership Team.
- Masters Degree in Statistics or closely related field
- 10+ years experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- 5+ years experience with statistical methodology implemented in the field of medical and market access in order to support the life cycle management of approved agents.
- 5 years experience as a people leader
- Knowledge of clinical development process through commercialization
- Understanding of global pricing and reimbursement requirements and practices
Preferred Experience or Qualifications:
- PhD in Statistics or closely related field
- Ability to drive and influence strategic direction
- Exceptional capability to influence leadership.
- Familiarity with regulatory interactions and pathways.
- Adept at:
- Embedding talent management throughout the team
- Provide constructive feedback to enable team members to perform to their optimum
- Create and lead an empowered, motivated team where diversity of thought is encouraged.
- Track record of strong statistical contributions and accomplishments in clinical drug development, with a broad knowledge of all phases of drug development (pre-clinical; Phase I-IV).
- Demonstrated ability to lead or make major contributions to department, organizational and/or industry-wide initiatives, through effective communication and influence.
- Expertise in a range of statistical methodologies with application to real problems
- Examples of applying innovative statistical thinking
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigor and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top