Site Name: Netherlands - Amersfoort
Posted Date: Feb 15 2021
As Head Medical Vaccines, you will provide medical leadership for the assigned country and ensure that all medics have the required level of Medical capabilities, expertise and leadership, to carry out the core tasks and critical functions required to support a successful local business.
You will ensure in link with Country Medical Director and that all staff members have operate in a framework of Medical Governance in place that is robust and functioning to the highest standards.
You will also ensure an effective talent development and succession planning process in place.
- You provide Medical leadership and support to vaccines LOC Medical staff.
- You ensure appropriate resources and capabilities are available in LOC for medical Vaccines activities (in collaboration with the Pharma MD/CMD and GM), to meet and execute essential requirements.
- You foster a leadership culture which attracts and retains high potential and high-performance Vaccines Medical personnel, develops them within the organization and actively helps them to secure opportunities in the wider organization as appropriate. To ensure effective succession planning is in place for all LOC Medical staff and other key roles.
- You provide medical input into Europe commercial strategy during pre-launch, launch and lifecycle management activities, partnering with Vaccines Global and Regional commercial and global/regional medical affairs.
- You ensure realization and delivery of strong medical plans which sustain the development of access to our vaccines to population.
- For vaccines sponsored studies, you serve as Local Medical Lead (LML) and provide local support to the study design; You provide medical/scientific leadership to the local study conduct team and you manage all local medical activities required before study start, during the study and after study completion and analysis; You also provide input on local risk management activities and medical oversight on study quality.
- You provide relevant input into Area-specific clinical development strategies for regional Phase IV clinical plans or market access studies.
- You ensure alignment and consistency in execution of core Medical processes where relevant, and that best practices are shared and implemented where appropriate
- You ensure the highest ethical standards are maintained across the LOC's vaccines medical staff, through effective local frameworks of Medical governance and to ensure critical support and guidance in implementation, monitoring and enforcement of key policies and processes across all Medical governance functions.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Scientific Master required in Life-Sciences, Medical or Pharmacy degree or equivalent, with an advanced degree and/or certification preferred.
- Significant experience in a role successfully engaging in scientific exchange with external experts.
- Excellent presentation and teaching skills to represent the company in a professional manner at medical, scientific and public events.
- Fluent in Dutch & English
If you have the following characteristics it would be a plus:
- Preferably a MD, BIG-registered, or life scientist with PhD and scientific expertise within specific therapy area and/or Pharmaceutical Physician NVFG.
- Experience in vaccinology, immunology and/or infectious diseases
- Medical background and a working knowledge of the legal and regulatory environment for medicines promotion & scientific communication. Clinical development of medicines experience is a plus.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork in a culture of Innovation, Performance and Trust.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
We provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.