Head Hematology Strategy
Site Name: Switzerland - Zug, UK - London - Brentford, USA - Pennsylvania - Upper Providence
Posted Date: Feb 21 2020
Being part of Oncology at GSK is being part of something special. The focus of the organization couldn't be clearer - we are fueled by a personal passion to give our patients and our customers MORE.More of ourselves, more to fight for and more moments that matter!Cancer continues to be a core area of intensive focus at GSK, and while much progress has been made in the past few years, more can be done to REDEFINE EXPECTATIONS in cancer care.
Are you an experienced commercial leader looking to be part of our innovative, dynamic, and growing Oncology franchise? If so then this role may be for you.
As the Head of Hematology Strategy you will be responsible for the development and operating oversight of the strategic launch plan (SLP) for our transformational lead asset in Multiple Myeloma across our key markets. In addition, he/she will look also tightly manage the forecast ambition, including providing the rigor needed to understand future opportunities and supply chain dynamics.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Lead, maintain and facilitate cross-functional decisions for short-range and long-range strategies, plans and tactics
- Lead and deliver critical annual and monthly updates to our long-range forecast, annual portfolio investment board and support the MCL in monthly TA board updates
- Engage with regions and key markets to understand market-specific needs, dynamics, and how to ensure optimize future launches
- Implement agile ways of working and practices into strategy planning processes
- Maintain and update key forecasts and metrics, including market KPIs, supply chain, and 10 year forecast
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with LOCs, internal functional groups, business partners, global thought leaders, customers, and professional organizations to assist in timely and successful product launches
- Assess new opportunities in Hematology, performing due diligence and valuations, as needed
- Build a high-performing team and foster a coaching culture to maximize performance and development of each contributor into our Hematology strategy
- Contribute to a culture of "One Team", driving organizational continuity and alignment across local operating companies (LOCs) and the Oncology franchise in a rapid-paced and agile way
Additionally, this role will have Life Cycle Management responsibilities to include:
- Lead the development of our lifecycle management plan to explore earlier indications in MM as well as new indications
- Participate in the annual brand / operating plan process by shaping the tactical plan and budget required to ensure we are prepared for new indications
- Cultivate relationships with customers, develop deep market insights, and customize commercial strategies across various customer segments
- Provide strategic leadership and work collaboratively with internal stakeholders and agency/vendor partners to identify and implement market analyses, competitive benchmarking, and other key analyses to inform our lifecycle plans
- Collaborative work with clinical development and medical affairs to ensure a unified approach in new indications
- Lead and support governance committee submissions by providing commercial considerations and forecasts
- Update and provide input into core marketing team to ensure that go-to-market approaches have considered future new indication launch
Why you? Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelors' degree in business, marketing, or science
- 8+ years of pharmaceutical experience, with leadership roles in specialty-product launch and lifecycle management
- 5+ years of Oncology marketing experience, ideally within Hematology
- Demonstrated ability to lead and facilitate decisions in a cross-functional team
- Experience in implementing commercialization strategies across sales and marketing teams
- A deep understanding of the Oncology landscape in US, EU and APAC markets
- Strong, team-oriented leader with excellent communication skills and the ability to influence, lead, negotiate and work effectively at all levels within a matrix environment
- Demonstrated leadership skills to set direction, generate commitment, balance short and long term needs, constructively resolve issues
- A passion for healthcare and bringing medicines to market with a good ability to build relationships with integrity
- Experience of matrix working and influence at local and global level
Preferred Qualifications: If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
Why GSK? Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top