Growth Market Tech BP, RSA
Site Name: South Africa - Gauteng - Johannesburg
Posted Date: Mar 10 2020
This job role will be working closely as a bridge between CH Growth Market' business stakeholders and CH Tech organisation.
The Growth Market Tech BP will act as the single point of contact for key in-market and above market stakeholders and will use his/her thorough leadership to drive the Growth Market technology roadmap.
With a strong grasp of the CH strategic direction and business needs, the Growth Market Tech BP will be accountable to deliver Tech projects and services in response to the prioritized business.
This role will require to have a broad understanding of Consumer Health business environment, a strong knowledge of the global CH product offering, as well as a clear view on Industry trends.
It will also require thinking strategically while gathering demand from in-scope markets and above market stakeholder to assess whether demand can be served from global CH product offering or will require to explore new technology solutions.
The job role will be working on all global/local apps, lead commercial ERP, drive data & analytics agenda and manage digital initiatives.
It will include Problem Statement definition (business assumptions validation, value generation estimation), Project scoping, BRP pitching, business budget approval when relevant, Project resourcing, etc
This job role will be responsible to ensure all Quality / Regulatory / Compliance requirements are covered to mitigate risks, ensure business continuity, meet regulatory and legislation.
The role will also act as an escalation point for market GMs and key business stakeholders for business-critical operational issues that will require to be raised at a high level of priority within Tech.
Project/Product Portfolio Management
- To ensure that all pre-project business analyses and other activities necessary to build Business Case, start projects and control budget are delivered. Particularly. role of Growth Market Tech Business Partner is to define problem statement and involve proper Tech and non-Tech subject matter experts necessary to deliver Business Case, start project and ensure successful project delivery.
- To ensure business users adoption of the Tech systems by driving the change management of business processes and/or ways of working to deliver the planned benefits from the system.
- To ensures projects deliverables and Tech services meet client expectations and are delivered on-time, in partnership with the appropriate Tech organisation (e.g. Product organisation, Enablement services, service delivery, PMO, etc...).
- To maintain awareness of products and platforms delivered by Tech, and supports ongoing utilization and growth, e.g., effective usage/adoption, new enhancements, etc.
- To ensure Tech budget and funding is approved by all stakeholders both locally and above country and manage/track the market Tech budget.
Customer & Consumer Focusses
- To ensure that Customer/Consumer Satisfaction is regularly measured, analysed, and that Tech products are meeting their needs. To lead/facilitate serious escalation processes in Growth Market and to lead/coordinate with CH TECH response to crisis situations, like unavailability of a critical system, data loss, business crisis, etc.
- Understand the customer/consumer journey in the market to identify the needs of a new product in the journey, define the strategy and vision for it and communicate the business value to cross functional teams. Also be responsible to deliver the MVP and rationalize it based on revenue and ROI.
- To ensure strong collaboration with above market tech and business and tech stakeholders for prioritization of business requirements to deliver strategic digital road map and identifying gaps and opportunities in E-commerce
- Work closely with marketing and E-commerce channel development team to drive efficiency and reduce complexities by delivering business value to their long-term E-commerce objectives. Understand the RTM for market and Identify areas of opportunities with business to develop B2B E-commerce in the market.
- Supporting market (functions) in mapping As-Is and To-Be business processes against the new tools or systems (ERP, local & global applications, DMS, BI, etc.) with both strategic and local partners
- Manage the successful ERP deployment in the market and act as change agent for all the customizations and enhancement in the system based on process mapping exercise. Lead teams in the technical development and/or support track for ERP engagements, work with offshore, client, onsite teams as part of the project and monitor and manage the developments in the ERP System
- For ERP deployment, sound change management, incident management and problem resolution must be executed within ITSM framework and defined SLA's are met. Support internal and external audits by providing direction on improvements and processes for improvements to internal audits and system health.Provide technical and analytical guidance & recommendations and takes action to direct the analysis and solutions to problems
- To work closely with Commercial excellence team to identify, implement and test new commercial systems in the market especially DMS for secondary and tertiary sales reporting in the market.
- Developing BI Strategy for the market and ability to identify data streams which can be ingested in to it
- Owns the Tech relationship with the CH Business stakeholders and is accountable for driving Tech strategy into the business, shaping thinking on how technology solutions support business clients' goals.
- Aligns and works with Growth market stakeholders.
- Builds and maintains a strong network and relationship with business clients and Tech organisation, i.e., knows who to go to for answers and assistance
- Proves to be an active, self-reliant individual who takes initiative and accountability for surfacing ideas and moving them through to delivery.
- Ability to articulate the strategic use of information systems.
- To work closely with the Consumer Healthcare businesses to understand and ensure local business requirements, expectations and opportunities are identified, prioritized and represented in CH Tech strategies
Business Understanding, Impact and Process analysis:
- Understands business requests / problem statement to determine how best to resolve them, securing appropriate resources for projects, engaging with the business clients, and facilitating project/service delivery.
- Demonstrates strong business process acumen and financial management skills, e.g., ability to develop a business case, identify benefit realization and get the case approved by the governance bodies
Quality, Risk & Compliance
- Ensuring all applications supporting the business are compliant with internal GSK security, risk management policies and practices, external regulatory and statutory requirements e.g. GxP, SARBOX and that Tech continuity plans are in place for all business-critical applications
- Define Infoprotect Risk Management plan for the markets and share regular updates on the action plans with Risk and Compliance board and with Leadership Team.
- Maintain a detailed understanding of the strategic Tech platforms and Global product offering supporting the business process and ensure these are optimally deployed.
- Act as an innovation catalyst for driving innovation process in the market and adapt design thinking concept to assist business with consumer centric futuristic products (tool, platforms, portal, etc.)
- Provide recommendations through conducting assessments and evaluations for commercial and custom solutions and services.
- Continuously scans the marketplace for new technology and assesses competitor's use of new technology, acting as a technology broker for internal and external subject matter experts
- To influence and actively participate in the definition and prioritization of CH Tech strategies and solutions.
Minimum Level of Education Required
Bachelor's in engineering/BS/Tech/IT/CS/MCA or Equivalent
ITIL foundation / PMP, Awareness of Six Sigma tools / ADP, AGILE (VFQ) / Scrum master
Preferred Level of Education
MBA/MS/M.Tech or Equivalent
Area of specialization:
- Engineering or Technology or Experience Gained in the similar area.
- Knowledge around ERP (SAP) and business processes (Financial, Sales & Distribution & Supply chain). Understanding of manufacturing, SCM and commercial environment.
- Digital Capable
- DMS, NRM, Marketing
- Commercial Excellence
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the Systems Development Life Cycle / AGILE Methodology and good knowledge of Project Management methodologies.
- To be aware of and understand requirements of the Quality Management System (QMS) & Integrated Quality Management System (iQMS)
- Ideally with experience in an FMCG/MNC environment with a good understanding of practices.
- Minimum 15-year work experience in area of Tech and Tech Management.
- Strong experience of managing relation with senior business stakeholders.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of Tech systems (ERP - JDE, BPCS, SAP, Commercial, NRM, Commercial Excellence, Revenue Recognition, BI, supporting apps, Power Apps, framework and how they apply, or could be applied, to supported business process areas.
- Track record in working with business to deliver high impact and Tech enabled solutions, successful Tech business analysis, solution design, programme and project delivery and service management
- Deep content knowledge of relevant process areas (processes & applications)
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the Project Management / Agile methodologies & DIGITAL technologies.
- Familiar with the concepts, standards, technology, tools, processes, procedures, hardware, software and services in use for delivering information services.
- Develop effective relationships with internal TECH product managers / external service where appropriate
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top