Site Name: USA - New Jersey - Warren
Posted Date: Nov 4 2019
The role of Digital Garage - Growth Lead is to oversee, inspire and deliver best-in-class, digital-first and data driven brand building across a portfolio of brands living in and beyond the Garage, achieving significant growth targets and disseminating best of breed processes and ways of working.
Come join us in the Garage - bring your tools. The creation of The Digital Garage within the Digital organisation here at GSK Consumer Healthcare presents a unique opportunity for those looking to drive a growth agenda in the worlds largest Fast Moving Consumer Healthcare company by disrupting from within the walls of the business. Tasked with unlocking growth via select high potential brands focussed first within the US market by looking at new capability sets, those that choose to come on this journey with us will be given an opportunity to define how to unlock value from the emerging channels we operate in and those we are yet to operate in.
As we look to get moving on those brand/market selections based on fit we are also building out a muscle to understand our approach to digital first/digitally native acquisitions and investment that will help augment our identified capability set moving forward. These capabilities (DtC, Influencer, CRM, Social Commerce and many others) are becoming table stakes in the competitive environment in which we operate and we are looking to leverage The Digital Garage to add incremental value on these capabilities either via a skill set we add or a partner network we unlock for the market. This team will have a number of ways in to execution - we need to value size the opportunity and fastest route to close gap to competition. We need to be choiceful on best in class needs, assessing the gap and then deciding how to build or accelerate via partnerships, or alternatively via acquisition on capability led basis. We are Consumer and Customer obsessed - we will be lean and agile in how we operate to drive new growth.
This role will give YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
- Drive significant growth and learnings from a new way of brand building for GSK, taking our products (and importantly brands) 'beyond the pill' and beyond our historical problem/solution positioning and experiences. It's about setting up a new way of thinking about, doing and creating GSK brands
- Identification of new data driven growth initiatives and building brands around people not (solely) products in line with consumer trends, unmet needs and pain points as well as overall Category strategies and platforms
- Accountable for the operations of a lean and agile team (initial team of 3) as well as satellite talent and SME from both Categories, markets and the Global Digital team, ensuring best practice across reporting, metric setting etc. The role holder will be very much 'hands on the keyboard', playing an active role in setting strategy, creating the right environment for creative entrepreneurial thinking and reporting out our successes.
- Focused on embedding an entrepreneurial, creative culture, design thinking and new ways of working to accelerate and enhance the value/meaning of progressive, modern connected health brands.
- Interfaced with internal operations as well as Digital / Category / LOC functions including the CDO team, Supply Chain, Design and R&D/External Innovation to enable the building of breakthrough and progressive digital health brands
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree
- 10+ years experience in marketing and consumer experience focused on leading and driving strategic focus/direction of teams:
- Experience in digital marketing, eCommerce (.COM/DtC), supply chain or consumer led innovation
- Understanding the consumer journey and the ecosystem and platforms that support it across all touchpoints (ie. CRM, Innovation, 1st Party Data, DtC, Social listening, UX/UI)
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Excellent senior stakeholder management, Influencing and negotiation skills
- Experience working within regions with highly-virtual, global, and diverse team
- Problem-solving and negotiation capabilities skills
- Ability to deliver results in a complex /global environment and solve complex business and process problems
- Program and change management knowledge at a strategic level
- Ability to provide leadership, influence and collaboration in a matrixed organization
- Flexibility to travel extensively based within region on long term basis
- Strong and broad understanding of entrepreneurial brand and business building across multiple workstreams.
- Consumer experience in large scale fast moving consumer goods companies
- Experience working in or with small agile start ups a plus
- Work flexibility arrangements include HQ Warren, NYC coworking / agency office and work from home in line with business needs
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk, governance and control, managing ambiguity and paradox.
- Managing individual performance.
- Creating a performance culture and driving results, prioritisation, execution, delivering performance.
- Setting strategic direction and leading on-going organisational transformation.
- Building a resilient organisation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration in service of common goals, engaging the organisation and building trusted external networks for mutual benefit.
- Managing P&L and capital allocation.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GSK's Employees
JasdeepSenior Manager, Corporate Services Procurement - Digital & Tech
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top