Global Value Evidence & Outcomes Director / HEOR, Oncology (Epigenetics)
Are you looking for a health outcomes role that allows you to leverage your modelling expertise to accelerate transparency and shape reimbursement strategy? If so, this Global Value Evidence and Outcomes Director, Oncology role could be an exciting opportunity to explore.
As the VEO Director, Oncology (Epigenetics), you will lead or support 1 or more Epigenetics assets in the Oncology portfolio, depending on complexity and stage of development, or multiple projects. You may also be assigned to early medicines in development depending on the Oncology Therapy Area (TA) priorities, novelty of the development programme or specific needs for Value Evidence and Outcomes (VEO) support.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
Are you looking for a VEO Director, Oncology role that is essential to ensuring that each oncology medicine GSK brings to market is supported by scientifically credible, high quality, evidence aligned with the needs of decision makers responsible for granting access / reimbursement? As the focus of global economies remains on cost containment, ever expanding healthcare budgets are of particular focus. Successful reimbursement can only be achieved where there is strong, convincing evidence to demonstrate value both clinically and economically.
In this role you will lead or support 1 or more Epigenetics assets in the Oncology portfolio, depending on complexity and stage of development, or multiple projects. You may also be assigned to early medicines in development depending on the Oncology Therapy Area (TA) priorities, novelty of the development programme or specific needs for Value Evidence and Outcomes (VEO) support.
As the VEO Director you may assume role as a VEO Asset Lead, especially early in the development lifecycle. You would support projects and assets at direction of the Value Evidence Leader or Head, VEO Oncology.
• Contribute and develop projects supporting the Value Evidence Plan aligned to support the Integrated Evidence Plan (IEP). You would be responsible for ensuring scientifically robust evidence generation activities are integrated into the development programme and effectively delivered.
• Ensure quality, visibility and continuity of health outcomes activity conducted centrally and/ or in key local operating company (LOCs).
• Lead, coordinate, and collaborate on strategy and projects with representatives from the Value Evidence Team (VET) / Integrated Evidence Team (IET), including health outcomes, epidemiology, statistics, clinical, medical affairs and as needed, LOCs
• Collaborate with members of senior clinical project team, PCPS, MDL/MCL, LOC to plan, implement and update on projects within the IEP
• Manage the needs of 1 or more medicine programmes at different stages of development through to post-launch showing an ability to handle competing priorities, address issues of multiple complexity and deliver to challenging timelines.
• Develop disease area level materials / tools In early development, refining these into medicine specific materials in preparation for governance decisions.
• Ensure scientifically robust evidence generation activities are integrated into the development program and projects are conducted with transparency within Franchise markets
• At direction of Head, VEO Oncology or Value Evidence Leader, support external collaborations and scientific evidence requirements with reimbursement bodies and decision makers
• Research, identify and summarize key health outcomes information essential to inform unmet need, disease burden and cost through partnership with VET colleagues including epidemiology, Value Evidence Analytics, VEO, global market access scorecards, and key scientific meetings and management updates.
Why you?Basic Qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Master's degree
- Experience leading development of economic models within pharmaceutical industry
- Experience leading the economic section of a Health Technology Assessment (HTA) submission
- First authorship of publications detailing cost-effectiveness modelling research
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Advanced degree in health economics
- Experience drafting technical reports for complex economic models
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing priorities
- Recent oncology experience
- Global/above country experience
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top