Site Name: Belgium-Wavre
Posted Date: Nov 15 2021
This Wavre based position will be global in nature, requiring some international travel.
Working directly with the Head of Vaccines Capital Investments for the GSK Vaccines business, you will manage a significant portfolio of Vaccines Capital projects. These will include primarily CAPEX projects such as new builds, site extensions, equipment upgrades and installations and more. You will provide project oversight and controls, tracking and monitoring of the projects to ensuring successful delivery and excellence throughout all projects. You will analyze trends & performance to anticipate & alert where attention is needed. You will be a champion for continuous improvement and will develop and implement Strategic Imperatives, in association with the Leadership Team, to drive safety, quality, cost, speed, and the overall success of project delivery & the overall Improvement of the CapEx team. This role will be the team's champion for the Strategic Imperatives that are key to the 3-year Roadmap.
In this role you will be a key player within the Global Capital investments team, which manages collectively up to £500M per annum in Capital projects. As a leader in this group, you will personally contribute to the growth and development of GSK Vaccines, gaining experience of state-of-the-art manufacturing practices and technologies. This is an opportunity to build credibility and leadership skill, taking a critical role in significant projects requiring someone who can manage, empower and motivate others. You'll also be highly exposed to company leadership and will get to engage a network of industry leaders both inside and outside GSK.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ownership of a portfolio of Strategic Investments for GSK Vx.
- Working with business leaders to design the best project organization structure & to drive project teams capacity management.
- Establishing tools to Monitor, appraise, and upgrade team performance as required to assure project success.
- Driving & tracking the Strategic Imperative work streams owned by the CAPEX LT. This role will be the team's PMO to track & drive to team commitments.
- Preparing monthly progress reports for the key Strategic Projects of the Global Network.
- Development of reports & trackers to follow Leading & Lagging KPIs.
- Keeping the Head of CAPEX Capital Investments & higher Management updated on Vx Strategic Investments at an executive level via appropriate reporting.
- Keeping steering groups and sponsors informed of critical issues that could jeopardize projects success.
- Developing a risk management strategy for the project, implementing associated processes and tools to ensure effective identification, monitoring and management of project risk.
- Partnering with support team in Global Engineering to Implement project controls relating to finance, change management and more
- Managing the PM Communities of Practice owned by CAPEX
- Ensuring that the overall commissioning, validation & handover strategy fully complies with the PMF Standard and implements to ensure a timely and complete handover to the Customer.
With the global and high value reach of this position, we need someone highly organised, credible, and effective. You will engage with partners at all levels, from site level engineers up to executives, requiring excellent presentation, communication and influencing skills. In project and portfolio management, you will often need to lead through motivation, negotiation, encouragement and empowerment - getting the best of others and helping to create purpose, urgency and accountability in what they do. This role requires a high degree of autonomy and someone who can successfully deliver within a sophisticated and matrixed environment, navigating internal and external partnerships effectively to deal with a variety of challenges - technical and otherwise.
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
Required Qualifications and experience:
- 10 to 15 years' experience in project management of large capital projects or portfolio of projects. Experience must include roles as PM with full accountability for major projects.
- PMO experience over a capital portfolio in the range of 300-500M £
- Experience in Pharma/Vaccines industry
- Proven track record establishing improved tools & ways of working to drive capital delivery performance.
- Formal management experience
- Broad knowledge of project management and technologies processes
- Experience of CAPEX project controls
- Fluency in English (required) and French (highly preferred)
- Fluency in French
- Relevant higher-level Project Management Certification (eg. Prince 2)
- Global Project Management experience
- Experience working in a complex matrix team
GSK Vaccines - Our Vaccines business is one of the largest in the world, developing, producing and distributing over 2.5 million vaccines every day to people across 170 countries. For further information, please visit www.gsk.com .
Once our pioneering treatments have been developed, they are manufactured to the highest standards and distributed across the regions that need them most. Accomplishing this as efficiently and quickly as possible can quite literally be a matter of life and death. So, it's no wonder that more than 70% of our talented workforce is based within Global Industrial Operations - the essential business unit that manufactures and manages the entire vaccine supply process, from customer order to product dispatch on a global scale.
As the name suggests, it operates in a multi-national context across more than 17 sites around the world, working closely in tandem with colleagues from a variety of disciplines and professions.
The department is structured in operating units that focus on various aspects of the manufacturing and supply process. These include Industrialization (overseeing the transfer of production from R&D to a commercial level), Supply Chain Management and Technical Services.
If you have a disability and require assistance during the course of the selection process, you will have the opportunity to let us know what specific assistance you require in order to make suitable arrangements.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.