Site Name: USA - Pennsylvania - Marietta
Posted Date: Mar 6 2020
The Buyer provides support to all Marietta departments with respect to purchasing activities. Primary responsibility is to lead the site's procurement effort to obtain the required goods and services to the Marietta Formulation Filling and Lyophilisation (FFL) Value Stream, Packaging Value Stream, EHS team, Technical Services team, Supply Chain team and QC team in compliance with GSK internal procedures, policies and standards. The Buyer will be also responsible for Global Procurement Enterprise Projects that cross GSK boundaries in Business Units and Geography.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following...
- Manage spend according to Global Procurement Strategies, coordinate the optimization of and deliver financial performance (Spend Management Framework, Purchasing Price Variance, Payment terms, Value creation...)
- Apply appropriate solutions to increase effectiveness of Procurement for Marietta by coordinating with global sourcing specialists to insure that the most cost effective supplier relationships are developed and maintained.
- Support Value Streams (Production and Services) to reduce Total Cost of Ownership and implement successful Supplier relationship management to increase equipment reliability
- Analyze spend, identify, influence Stakeholders and leadership team and exploit savings opportunities in consideration of supply, EHS and Quality principles.
- Identify and manage key suppliers from both a strategic and operational view point.
- Develop and present sourcing strategies to site management. Lead cross functional teams in developing sourcing strategies.
- Coordinate with key stakeholder groups to define requirements and influence them on Sourcing Group processes - use of competitive bid practices, preferred suppliers and the use of eProcurement tools.
- Work with GSK Legal and key stakeholders to develop contracts/agreements, which support total business requirements. Negotiate with local suppliers as appropriate, and finalize supplier agreements.
- Matrix organization: organizational / service to the Site in Marietta and the global Procurement organization.
- Form partnerships with other GSK Sites/Business Units to optimize cost savings and Total Cost of Ownership for GSK.
- Ensure all validation, quality, safety and environmental procedures and regulations are met, maintained and documented appropriately.
- Perform all job responsibilities in compliance with the GSK safety procedures and all applicable EHS regulations, standard operating procedures, and industry practices.
- Maintains full compliance with all assigned learning plans, technical competencies, aseptic technique, documentation practices and procedures as related to the GMP and EHS environments.
- Demonstrated familiarity and compliance with cGMP's, EHS procedures and regulations, facility regulatory guidelines, and standard operating procedures.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- BS or BA in accounting or business. Degree in other discipline if sufficient technical depth has been achieved from professional experience.
- Specific procurement experience of sourcing, quotation analysis, contract negotiation, supplier performance review, supplier development is required with good negotiation skills, typical gained through 3 or more years' experience
- Working knowledge of e-procurement applications and implementation of e-procurement solutions.
- Experience working with multiple functional area of procurement
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, ability to function in an atmosphere of constant change with detailed accuracy.
- SAP experience preferred.
- Versed in regulatory agency requirements sufficient to comply to quality operations and compliance.
- The ability to function within team based organization.
- The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to all levels within the organization as well as the skills to communicate site opreations to outside agencies.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office applications and the ability to quickly and easily learn new applications.
- Able to interact with peers, subordinate and senior personnel in multidisciplinary environment including engineering, facitliy operations, validation, production and QC.
- Able to prioritize and decide appropriate course of actions. The ability to effectively implement decisions.
- Capable of working without direct supervision.
- Implement Supplier Performance Evaluations (SPEs) with key critical suppliers.
- Ability to work in a high complex matrix environment.
- Sense of urgency, flexibility and accountability.
- Ability to follow written procedures and document computer skills required.
- Stay current on developments in the field and GSK Vaccines Standards.
- Work within a multi-skilled team.
- Demonstrate a serious commitment to accuracy and quality while meeting goals or deadlines.
- Maintain a high level of integrity while balancing multiple priorities and responsibilities.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Familiarity with current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and NIH guidelines.
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
*This is a job description to aide in the job posting, but does not include all job evaluation details.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top