Future Career Opportunities- Senior Finance Analyst
- Klang, Malaysia
Site Name: Malaysia - Petaling Jaya
Posted Date: Nov 25 2020
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. GSK has been operating for over 60 years in Malaysia and grown substantially both in its infrastructure, business operations as well as talent base spreading across its four business entities - Pharmaceuticals & Vaccines, Consumer Healthcare, Business Service Centre and Consumer Healthcare Supply Chain.
In our modern and technology-led regional Finance Hub team, we work together with colleagues across Finance to support our businesses within APAC in delivering the best outcome for our patients and consumers. Our new Finance Hub team in Malaysia will be part of a global network of regional Finance hubs sharing best practices and ways of working with our HQ Finance teams.
Thank you for your interest in a career with GSK. We are always looking for exceptional talent to be part of our best in class Finance Hub at GSK Malaysia.
If you are interested to pursue a career in the future as a Senior Finance Analyst within GSK Regional Hub, please submit your CV to us. If your application is successful, you will be contacted by the recruitment team in due course for a further conversation.
As a Senior Finance Analyst, you will be responsible to ensure successful month-end close and other key responsibilities as below:
- Participate in month-end GL (general ledger) close and reporting of entity's results. Responsible in the preparation and review of balance sheet reconciliations, review of journal entries and execution of internal control in accordance with GSK Internal Control Framework.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and other functions to ensure successful month-end close.
- Responsible for the financial reporting of the designated legal entities.
- Provide guidance and on-the-job trainings to analyst members within the team. Support new and existing team members through proper knowledge transfer; sharing of resource, knowledge and experience and best practice thereby ensuring quality is maintained through any staff transition.
- Work with Global Process Owner or Process Improvement Expert's to standardise R2R activities Update changes to LSOP's and/ or work instructions documentation when required.
- Assist in the preparation of training materials when required.
- Other ad-hoc activities
We look for people who appreciate the importance of safety and quality and strive to continuously improve our performance and practices. We work in an open and transparent environment so you'll be someone who treats others with respect and integrity - as you will be treated yourself.
Ideally, we are looking for someone with:
- Degree with Finance / Accounting. CPA, ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent is preferred.
- 4 years of R2R experience including areas on financial accounting, reporting and statutory filing, master data maintenance, treasury, asset accounting, inter-company transactions, etc.
- Attention to detail, good analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- SAP experience is preferred.
GSK's dedication to the wellbeing of our employees is reflected in the benefits we offer; including healthcare for yourself and dependents, performance related bonus, etc. We also offer a range of employee health and wellbeing programs including our truly unique Partnership for Prevention program, a global commitment by GSK to provide all employees with up to 40 preventative healthcare services bringing to life our mission to: do more, feel better and live longer.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
If you would like to join us in innovating and inspiring changes in the industry, we urge you to apply online.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top