Financial Planning & Forecasting Process Improvement Lead
Position: Full time
Open date: Aug 19, 2019
Functional area: Finance
This is a unique opportunity to be part of our APAC Planning & Forecasting (P&F) Hub in KL.
We are looking for a Process Improvement Lead to deliver world class P&F processes to the Regional GSK businesses in our Hubs balancing cost, quality, customer experience, risk management and to work with the Transformation initiatives (Process and system improvement) using Lean methodology and automated tools.
The role will require process and system expertise with a good level understanding of the end to end process to drive effective and efficient services to the Finance and Commercial Businesses. The role will initially support the stabilisation of the new Standardised Operating Model and then focus on process improvements and further transformation initiatives.
This includes but is not limited to:
• Act as a Process Expert on identified Planning & Forecasting (P&F) processes and related systems.
• Build in depth P&F process & system knowledge to support the regional Hub teams on issue resolution, including identification of workarounds to mitigate impact and agreeing right level of escalation to the global process and system teams.
• Work in partnership with SAP/System Functional Consultants, GPO (Global Process Owner) and R&C (Risk & Compliance) on root cause analysis, work around and drive improvements.
• Build remote user knowledge through design & delivery of adequate training.
• Drive process improvement & standardisation, i.e. identify, propose and deliver continuous improvement to improve KPIs, Cost to Serve & Customer experience.
• Identify and Promote best practice and drive compliance to standard practices across the P&F Hubs.
• Work with the Reporting Centre of Excellence and GPO (Global Process Owner) on transformation, Process or Technology Improvement Initiatives.
• Escalate process and systems exceptions and ongoing systems issues to P&F Director, Regional Team and GPO.
• Feed into P&F GSK Strategy via P&F Director Lead.
We are looking for professionals with these characteristics to achieve our goals:
• University educated (Bachelor's Degree) in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, Engineering
• Demonstrable post qualification experience within a similar industry
• Budgeting, forecasting and reporting experience required.
• Previous experience of working in area of specialisation for a substantial size company including demonstration of problem solving
• Previous experience of working with Finance Systems (SAP/JDE/SUN)
• Experience of working on a Process or Technology improvement projects
• Experience as Super User or Subject Matter Expert
• Experience of working in a Shared Service Environment and experience working with virtual/remote teams
• FMCG / Pharmaceutical industry experience would be a bonus
• Solid analytical Skills
• Ability to identify & resolve problems
• Self-motivated and display of initiative in solving problems
• Disciplined, robust organisation skills, ability to plan & manage workload
• Actively seek to improve process making them more effective & efficient
• Effective communication skills and ability to interact with & influence providers and customers remotely
• Ability to work in culturally diverse teams and reconcile cultural differences
• Strong reporting writing and presentation skills
• Able to form strong relationships with key stakeholders
• Strong Influencing skills
• Strong spoken and written English (English Level: C1)
• Deploying continuous improvement initiatives to drive process simplification and efficiencies
• Excellent understanding of I.T systems that are used in the planning & forecasting cycles with the ability to develop users in the team
However, if you have the following, it would be a plus:
• Power BI
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. We have three global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies.
We are creating a modern and technology-led regional Finance Hub team who will work together with colleagues from across Finance to support our businesses across APAC in delivering the best outcome for our patients and consumers. Our new Finance Hub team in Malaysia will be part of a global network of regional Finance hubs to share best practice and knowledge working closely with our HQ Finance teams.
To find out more about the GSK Finance Hub in Malaysia and the career opportunities we can offer, follow the below link:
GSK's dedication to the wellbeing of our employees is reflected in the benefits we offer; including healthcare for yourself and dependents, performance related bonus, long term incentives and a host of other flexible offerings you can tailor to your own preferences. We also offer a range of employee health and wellbeing programs including our truly unique Partnership for Prevention program, a global commitment by GSK to provide all employees with up to 40 preventative healthcare services bringing to life our mission to: do more, feel better and live longer.
We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top