Finance Services Risk Analyst - APAC
Site Name: Malaysia - Petaling Jaya
Posted Date: Feb 6 2020
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. GSK has been operating for over 60 years in Malaysia and grown substantially both in its infrastructure, business operations as well as talent base spreading across its four business entities - Pharmaceuticals & Vaccines, Consumer Healthcare, Business Service Centre and Consumer Healthcare Supply Chain.
We are currently looking for experienced Finance Services Risk Analystrole has become available at an established, science-led global healthcare company. You will get a chance to provides risk management support to the Regional Finance Hubs covering all processes at the hub as well as potential regional specific risks that the finance hub is managing.
Other Key Responsibilities:
- Risk management support to the hub to ensure risk mitigation, root cause analysis and related mitigation, overall process and control deficiencies remediation, and reporting on overall status of control environment in a given region and / or assigned process, etc
- Risk management support to process improvements in order to reduce risks as well as support to relevant operating effectiveness programs such as continuous improvement initiatives, process operating issues mitigation and remediation programs and stakeholder support and reporting for that
- You will help to ensure that risks are appropriately mitigated with a sound control framework and provide adequate oversight of risks and controls within a given process on a global basis.
- Accountable for assessing processes and controls within a process and provide proactive risk assessments and drive risk mitigation initiatives over different business processes to ensure control soundness.
- Business partnering with the process organizations in the region to ensure identified solutions mitigate the risk, and to implement key control initiatives associated with corporate policies. The focus in the role is to build a culture of proactive risk assessment and business partnering to strengthen the control framework to effectively and efficiently mitigate risk.
We look for people who appreciate the importance of safety and quality and strive to continuously improve our performance and practices. We work in an open and transparent environment so you'll be someone who treats others with respect and integrity - as you will be treated yourself.
Ideally, we are looking for someone with:
- Masters degree level & further education with a Professional Accounting / Auditing qualification (Candidate with CA/CPA/ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CIA are preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in internal or external audit, or SOX compliance programmes.
- Proven experience working in highly multicultural and diverse environment both from an departmental culture diversity and location, as well as coverage of operations globally in multiple locations.
- Past experience in driven the Optimal risk level for FC&R risk & third party risk management.
- Demonstrable management skills with critical thinking, decision making and continuous improvement mindset
GSK's dedication to the wellbeing of our employees is reflected in the benefits we offer; including healthcare for yourself and dependents, performance related bonus, etc. We also offer a range of employee health and wellbeing programs including our truly unique Partnership for Prevention program, a global commitment by GSK to provide all employees with up to 40 preventative healthcare services bringing to life our mission to: do more, feel better and live longer.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
If you would like to join us in innovating and inspiring changes in the industry, we urge you to apply online.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top