Finance Partner Analyst
- Research Triangle Park, NC
Site Name: USA - North Carolina - Research Triangle Park
Posted Date: Oct 2 2020
This role incumbent will support the US Respiratory Finance Partner Manager in providing financial support to the Respiratory Business in the US and in partnering with different levels of stakeholders across GSK to ensure financial targets are met and US Respiratory ambition is adequately supported by Finance.
- Success in the role requires the ability to comprehend and explain complex financial information and analysis to all levels of stakeholders across GSK and establish strong relationships with those stakeholders. The incumbent will also have demonstrated the ability to manage multiple priorities as well as the ability to work independently and take the initiative when needed. A high comfort level with financial systems and strong Excel skills are also critical for success. The US Respiratory Finance Analyst must be adaptive to change and constantly look for opportunities to improve process and participate in multi-function projects. Strong project management skills are also critical to guide complex projects and processes to success.
- Scope includes support to the US Respiratory Finance Partner Manager with forecasting, financial analysis of new product launches, strategic portfolio analysis, resourcing analysis, Return on Investment, pricing, DRM support and performance management.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following...
- 3 Years Plan process and monthly Performance Management
- Support with the plan review process, including working with systems such as SAP/CERPS and Bison when applicable
- Support the US Respiratory Plan/Forecast process
- Run reports and analysis to support the monthly review of US Respiratory data to understand product/brand performance, identifying any gaps versus forecast and potential impact on the P&L.
- Support Core Commercial Cycle (pre-DRM and DRM)
- Support the pre-DRM and DRM process and meetings
- Partner with E2E supply chain to support the optimization of inventory by understanding commercial impact of supply chain planning decisions
- Pricing Optimization and market dynamics
- Work closely with commercial and US Payer Marketing teams to support proper pricing approval governance is followed and pricing information is timely updated in corresponding systems and approval workflows
- Understand overall market dynamics, relative market positioning of products against competitors, market access situation and future trends
- Assess ROI
- Assist with investment modelling opportunities to support the business in making investment decisions when opportunities arise
- Assist with scenario planning to maximize use of resources
- Margin Enhancement
- Assist with margin enhancement initiatives through innovative cost control; using internal and external benchmarking (where available) to understand best-in-class cost management
- Support the optimization of controllable SG&A cost
- Receivables and Payable Optimization
- Assist on improvement of receivables and overdue KPIs when applicable
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Degree in Accounting, Economics or Business (or different degrees with Finance qualification)
- 2-4 years financial support experience
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Advanced degree in finance
- Pharmaceutical Industry experience
- Effective knowledge of all accounting standards, including IFRS, US GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley
- Developing highly effective working relationships and to achieve the partnership status with your business
- Experience with engaging senior stakeholders and challenge based on expertise and personal credibility
- Experience in working in matrix organizations and complex change management projects.
Why GSK? Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top