Finance Analyst (12 Months Fixed Term)
- Klang, Malaysia
Site Name: Malaysia - Petaling Jaya
Posted Date: Feb 6 2020
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. GSK has been operating for over 60 years in Malaysia and grown substantially both in its infrastructure, business operations as well as talent base spreading across its four business entities - Pharmaceuticals & Vaccines, Consumer Healthcare, Business Service Centre and Consumer Healthcare Supply Chain.
We are currently looking for a passionate Finance Analyst in Malaysia who be responsible to participate in month-end GL (general ledger) close and reporting of entity's results to Corporate.
Other Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible in the preparation of balance sheet reconciliations, preparation of journal entries and execution of internal control in accordance with GSK Internal Control Framework.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and other functions (P2P, O2C, Stat & Tax) to ensure successful month-end close.
- Execute work in accordance with the service management framework by providing timely and accurate customer service.
- Participate in any compliance audits and respond to audit queries.
- Perform analytical review of profit and loss accounts and balance sheet, trend analysis, cost centre checks and transaction posting checks. The incumbent has to be knowledgeable on the principle activities of each designated business units.
- Support on process standardization and continuous improvement opportunities.
- Perform other duties as and when delegated, including job rotation to other functional teams as and when required.
We look for people who appreciate the importance of safety and quality and strive to continuously improve our performance and practices. We work in an open and transparent environment so you'll be someone who treats others with respect and integrity - as you will be treated yourself.
Ideally, we are looking for someone with:
- Degree with Finance / Accounting. CPA, ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent is preferred.
- R2R experience including areas on financial accounting, reporting and statutory filing, master data maintenance, treasury, asset accounting, inter-company transactions, etc. Proficient in Excel and SAP system
- Experience in working in shared service centre in financial accounting.
- Self-motivated and displays initiative in solving problems.
- Attention to detail, good analytical and problem solving capabilities.
GSK's dedication to the wellbeing of our employees is reflected in the benefits we offer; including healthcare for yourself and dependents, performance related bonus, etc. We also offer a range of employee health and wellbeing programs including our truly unique Partnership for Prevention program, a global commitment by GSK to provide all employees with up to 40 preventative healthcare services bringing to life our mission to: do more, feel better and live longer.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
If you would like to join us in innovating and inspiring changes in the industry, we urge you to apply online.
To find out more about the GSK Finance Hub in Malaysia and the career opportunities we can offer, follow the below link: https://my.gsk.com/en-gb/careers/finance-hub/
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top