Site Name: USA - Maryland - Rockville
Posted Date: Feb 13 2020
Are you looking for an opportunity to manage utility systems in a major, modern biopharm manufacturing facility to achieve peak performance? If so, this is the job for you.
- Organize, manage, and be accountable for the site reliability program delivery using project management and performance management techniques; report to key stakeholders in meetings.
- Provide mechanical and technical support to the site engineering teams for both mechanical rotating equipment and mechanical fixed assets (Pressure Systems Safety Regulations, Condition Based Monitoring, Risk Based Inspection, rotating equipment)
- Execute engineering projects as assigned to meet technical, budget and schedule goals.
- Participate in the evaluation, selection, and implementation of new equipment or modifications to existing systems with consideration of new processing technologies or strategies.This may include assessing an economic, environmental, quality, conservation, or productivity impact while generating engineering reports.
- Use OE Tools to gather and analyze data on equipment issues in order to identify the root cause of the problem and generate practical solutions based upon the facts gathered and create measurable improvements.
- Lead discussions and recommend solutions with key customer groups in order to gain a consensus on the repair or modification plans.
- Develop a project plan and budget, and then implement the approved modifications, following up to ensure the desired result has been achieved.Document plans and modifications in an appropriate manner. Utilize project management tools such as MS Project, etc.
- Provide training to staff involved in the use or maintenance of equipment to ensure safe and reliable operation.
- Prepare or review operation, safety, and maintenance procedures to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Understand regulatory, technical, and safety standards.
- Capable of maintaining system life cycle documentation (drawings, design files, FRS/SDDS, etc).
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering - Mechanical, Chemical, Industrial, or Electrical (or similar)
- Three (3) years experience as a utilities engineer in the biopharmaceutical industry preferred. Minimum of three (3) years engineering experience.
- Knowledge of utility systems used to support bio/pharmaceutical manufacturing operations; including but not limited to purified water pre-treatment and generation, clean steam, clean gas, compressors, boilers, chillers, cooling towers, electrical panels, diesel generators, clean room air handlers, and building automation systems preferred.Capable to learn above mentioned systems required.
- Prior project engineering experience required
- Capable to manage projects to completion on time and within budget.
- Must be able to interact well with peers and senior personnel in scientific, engineering, and operational disciplines.
- Ability to work as a member on cross-functional and self-directed work teams.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Professional engineering license preferred
- Must be proficient with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of reliability engineering and continuous improvement concepts desired.
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top