Facilities Mechanic II
Site Name: USA - Montana - Hamilton
Posted Date: Feb 10 2020
Are you looking for an opportunity to enhance your facilities expertise while providing technical support for capital improvement projects and equipment upgrades involving stationary and rotating equipment? If so, this is the role for you.
As Facilities Engineering Staff, you will be responsible for recommending preventative maintenance strategies to ensure reliability of critical plant equipment. You will also develop and recommend improvements and design changes for electrical and mechanical systems. Moreover, you will be responsible for assists Supervisor and Lead in performance of daily activities associated with routine and unscheduled maintenance as well as for the installation, set-up, preventative maintenance and repair of equipment associated with cGMP manufacturing operations. Comply with instructions on standard operating procedures and work instructions
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Execute preventive maintenance plans as assigned by the Supervisor and Lead.
- Work to increase equipment reliability and reduce equipment and production down time
- Promote a safety culture; perform work in a manner to ensure safety of co-workers, equipment and self
- Remain current on RCRA and DOT training if required for role
- Attend all mandatory training. Adhere to all GSK Quality Management System (QMS) policies and procedures as applicable for functional area
- Ensure compliance and readiness for internal and external inspections and provide adequate support to inspected department.
- Execute assigned work in a safe and timely manner.
- Escalate safety and compliance issues to the Supervisor.
- Provides support for continuous improvement, industrial excellence through the application of LEAN and Q U EST methodologies.
- Act as a champion for continuous improvement, leveraging OE tools and processes.
- Proactively identify opportunities for process improvements and presents ideas to process owner
- Assist in monitoring and reporting of KPI's and metrics.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- High School Diploma
- Experience in Equipment maintenance, engineering and/or mechanics.
- The role requires reading, writing, math and computer skills as well as some background in mechanics and/or maintenance.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Possession of a BS in science field or training/certification in a technical field
- GMP manufacturing, engineering, equipment maintenance, compliance and personnel supervision.
- To provide a better scientific understanding the manufacturing process and equipment operation and to help ensure adequate technical skills.
- Combination of 2 years of relevant experience in GMP manufacturing and/or equipment diagnostic and maintenance.
- The role of the facilities technician II is to perform maintenance and serve as an equipment SME. Previous experience in these areas is required.
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top