- York, PA
Site Name: USA - Pennsylvania - Marietta
Posted Date: Sep 11 2020
Are you looking for an opportunit y to demonstrate and enhance your facilities management expertise with an operating GMP biopharma production facility? If so, this Facilities Manager role could be an ideal opportunity to explore.
The Facilities Manager has direct oversight of Facilities Maintenance, and Enterprise Facilities Management across the +/- 500K sq ft campus. Responsibilities include direct supervision contractors, asset management, establishment and implementation of technical standards, requirements, and specifications in compliance with regulatory and GSK Vaccines requirements.
The incumbent is accountable for delivering uninterrupted services, permit compliance, product quality, Metrics/KPIs, departmental OPEX/CAPEX spend, project coordination, shutdown coordination, SOPs, and related process/documentation improvements.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. Key responsibilities include some of the following:
Enterprise Facilities Management:
Manage EFM program and provide oversite of:
- Architectural Maintenance - Painting, Roofing, Doors, Building Envelop Maintenance, Site Ascetics
- Roads and Grounds - Excavation, Snow Removal, Landscaping
- Soft Services - Facilities Cleaning, Garments, Food Services, Pest Control
- Hard Services - Contractor Management; Utilities, Calibrations, Vessel Inspections
Technical standards: The incumbent is responsible to establish, develop and implement technical standards, requirements, and specifications in compliance with regulatory agencies, DEP, and GSK Vaccines requirements.
Validation & Qualification: Manage and own overall responsibility for implementing and executing IQ/OQ/PQ and/or commissioning of equipment for areas of ownership and responsibility.
Inspection & Compliance: Must operate and maintain Site utilities in a state of compliance according to GMP/quality standards, regulatory agencies and permit authorities. Must maintain state of readiness for regulatory inspections of critical utility systems.
Sub-contractors, contractors, and vendor selection: Provide technical and commercial input in procedures for contracted supplier's and develop short term and long term strategy in supplier/contractor selection. Ensure vendor performance and GDP of work performed.
Support for Project Management: Drive timing and execute follow-up of projects for technical matters related to TS-Biotech equipment and validation. Develop technical solutions compliant with needs and allocated budgets; justify budgets and technical solutions when needed.
Degree of uncertainty: High risk of changes in project timing, scope, and prioritization. Priorities can change very quickly due to new business opportunity or new sales projection. High adaptability required and ability to keep motivation in team when priority changes.
- Responsible for management of site Facilities maintenance budget.
- Maintain Quality Management System assignments related to equipment failures/deviations/unplanned events, perform RCA investigations, and develop CAPA's to drive reliability.
- Coordinate resources required to complete (non)routine work, projects, and required training in a timely manner.
- Accountable to drive adherence to schedules, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- High School Diploma.
- 1 or more year maintaining buildings and facilities.
- Experience preparing budgets, procuring services, and controlling costs.
Preferred Qualifications: If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Bachelor of Science Degree or post-secondary trade education. Area of Specialization: Engineering, Science, mechanical, electrical, or carpentry trades.
- Sense of urgency, flexibility and accountability.
- Executive capability and leadership to manage people and facilitate project teams.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Ability to work in a high complex matrix environment.
- Able to provide leadership to generate options, resolve problems, prioritize solutions, select optimal solutions and implement decisions.
- Committed team player prepared to work in and embrace a team based culture.
- Ability to follow written procedures and document results in a neat and precise manner.
- Intermediate computer skills required.
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service.
- Stay current on developments in the field and GSK Vaccines Standards.
- Work within a multi-skilled team.
- Maintain attention to detail, while completing multiple or repetitive tasks.
- Demonstrate a serious commitment to accuracy and quality while meeting goals or deadlines.
- Maintain a high level of integrity while balancing multiple priorities and responsibilities.
- Ability to monitor and manage fiscal responsibilities related to operating budget and capital.
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigor and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top