Site Name: Belgium-Rixensart
Posted Date: Dec 2 2021
Are you energized by the challenge of shaping and accelerating the scientific expertise of a biology program? If so, this Biology Manager opportunity could be an exciting opportunity to consider.
- Bring scientific support to project in the context of data generation/ analysis/ interpretation within several vaccine projects linked to the understanding of host responses in the context of Vaccine mode of action (immuno, reacto, efficacy,...),Techno platform mode of action (AS, Adeno, NP,...), Vaccination /disease outcome prediction (gene signatures,...)
- Contribute to the technological development and innovation required for supporting specific needs. Ensure scientifically correct and state of the art approaches, implement/propose technological improvements.
- Responsible for the conception, design, implementation, and interpretation of scientific research experiments in support of vaccine development.
- Will coordinate technician(s) involved in the completion of scientific experiment in scope of the lab
- Ensure highest ethical standards, good scientific practices & data integrity are implemented in daily scientific activities,
- Ensure timely data collection, & reporting (including participation to internal/external scientific documents) in area of responsibility
- Demonstrates knowledge of the key research activities and basic regulations
- Takes appropriate actions to resolve issues in area of responsibility affecting research strategy and progress
- Advise lab head on new technologies and on research and publication strategy
- Can advise DPL, VDL and VCL on scientific issues related to their projects, notably through participation at project team or technical team meetings
- Can supervise collaborative research studies with third parties but also PhD students or postdoc
- Can be the principal author of publications submitted to peer review journals
- Provide support to IP for patent filing and to regulatory team for the preparation of the preclinical section of regulatory documents
- PhD in Life Sciences/ Immunology
- Expertise in single cell approaches and immune profiling (would be a (big) +)
- Expertise in multidimensional data analysis
- Aptitude to develop in vitro-based assays
- Able to support the data interpretation
- Demonstrate ability to lead a research or development project within this area of expertise.
- Experience in managing scientific team(s)
- Capability to lead projects and implement strategies within a complex matrix organization
- Understand & implement processes specific to the vaccine R&D and to GSK with minimal bureaucracy and a focus on efficiency
- Understands function operating procedures and/or internal policies required to maintain quality standards and to protect GSK intellectual property
- Fluent in English, oral and writing
- Good communication skills, oral and writing
- Ability to present scientific data in front of large audience
- Good project scientific/technical strategy skills
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader in Consumer Healthcare, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we're making the most significant changes we've made to our business in over 20 years. We're on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022: New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and genetics science; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent, and technology to get ahead of disease together - all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; and as a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culture that is ambitious for patients - so we deliver what matters better and faster; accountable for impact - with clear ownership of goals and support to succeed; and where we do the right thing. So, if you're ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at this exciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together."
If you have a disability and require assistance during the course of the selection process, you will have the opportunity to let us know what specific assistance you require in order to make suitable arrangements.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.