Expert Scientist, Mass Spec and Spectrophotometry
- Rockville, MD
Site Name: USA - Maryland - Rockville
Posted Date: Jul 21 2020
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
Within the Analytical Development US, Expert Scientist, Mass Spec and Spectrophotometry (Biophysical Characterization) will serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) in LC-MS and biophysical analysis of vaccine antigens. The scientist will be responsible for characterizing antigens and their interactions using Mass Spec and an array of biophysical and traditional protein chemistry tools. The role is focused on providing a structure-function understanding to support assays development activities for all stages of vaccine development.
Why you? Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills:
- PhD or Master's with specialization in Mass Spectroscopy
- At least 6+ experience in industry/academic (pharmaceutical or biotech) setting working on characterizing diverse molecules (proteins, carbohydrates, nucleotides) by mass spectroscopy and spectrophotometry
- Experience with analytical development for vaccine/ biotherapeutic candidates.
- In-depth understanding of protein chemistry and strong laboratory skills
- Hands-experience with qualitative and quantitative characterization of proteins and nucleotides using MS platform (Glycan profiling, peptide mapping, intact mass).
Preferred Qualifications: If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Familiarity with HDX for higher order structure determination, epitope / paratope mapping.
- Knowledge and experience with Quality by Design, Process Analytical Technology, CMC, regulatory filling, and managing CMC program
- Experience with, liquid handling systems, and robotic automation
Why GSK? Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk, governance and control, managing ambiguity and paradox.
- Managing individual performance.
- Creating a performance culture and driving results, prioritisation, execution, delivering performance.
- Setting strategic direction and leading on-going organisational transformation.
- Building a resilient organisation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration in service of common goals, engaging the organisation and building trusted external networks for mutual benefit.
- Managing P&L and capital allocation.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top