Expert Scientist, Mass Spec and Spectrophotometry
- Rockville, MD
Site Name: USA - Maryland - Rockville
Posted Date: Feb 12 2021
Are you looking for a challenging opportunity that allows you to leverage your technical expertise to accelerate delivery in biopharmaceuticals? If so, this Expert Scientist, Mass Spec and Spectrophotometry role could be an exciting opportunity to explore.
As an Expert Scientist - Mass Spec and Spectrophotometry, Within the Analytical Development US, (Biophysical Characterization) you will serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) in LC-MS and biophysical analysis of vaccine antigens.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Characterizing antigens and their interactions using Mass Spec and an array of biophysical and traditional protein chemistry tools.
- Providing a structure-function understanding to support assays development activities for all stages of vaccine development.
Why you? Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills:
- Master's with specialization in Mass Spectroscopy
- 4+ experience in industry/academic (pharmaceutical or biotech) setting working on characterizing diverse molecules (proteins, carbohydrates, nucleotides) by mass spectroscopy and spectrophotometry
- Experience with analytical development for vaccine/ biotherapeutic candidates.
Preferred Qualifications: If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- PhD with specialization in Mass Spectroscopy
- Familiarity with HDX for higher order structure determination, epitope / paratope mapping.
- Knowledge and experience with Quality by Design, Process Analytical Technology, CMC, regulatory filling, and managing CMC program
- Experience with, liquid handling systems, and robotic automation
- In-depth understanding of protein chemistry and strong laboratory skills
- Hands-on experience with qualitative and quantitative characterization of proteins and nucleotides using MS platform (Glycan profiling, peptide mapping, intact mass).
Why GSK? Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top