- Wavre, Belgium
Site Name: Belgium-Rixensart
Posted Date: Jun 7 2020
The Biostatistics and Statistical Programming (BSP) department delivers scientific excellence in statistical expertise to non-clinical and clinical vaccine development ensuring decision-making takes place within the parameters set by logical and quantitative scientific inference.
As a Senior Specialist - Biostatistician, you ensure that appropriate and efficient study/ experimental designs are used in alignment with project objectives. You are deeply involved in the continuous development of the statistical expertise and improvement of the quality and compliance of the support given by the team.
- You are in charge to follow in close collaboration with lab scientists the statistical activities related to development, validation and life-cycle of several clinical assays.
- You are involved in the design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and reporting (including the writing of the statistical reports and the review of documentation package).
- You coordinate the different deliverables from the assays you are responsible in alignment with lab priorities, project strategy and regulatory requirements.
- Your statistical expertise will be used to deliver fit-for-purpose solutions, keep the methodologies up to date and aligned with guidance.
- You work in collaboration with other statisticians of the team to ensure harmonization of the statistical deliverables.
- You contribute to maintain the quality framework (validation of macros, SOP,...).
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- At least a Master's Degree in Biostatistics with at least 5 years' experience within the pharmaceutical industry or equivalent experience.
- Ability to master statistical methods relevant for clinical assays development and validation.
- Statistical expertise to propose fit for purpose approaches and support, conduct, analyze and interpret outcomes from complex experimental studies.
- Knowledge of GCLP environment.
- Programming skills: SAS and/or R.
- Good oral and written communication in English.
If you have the following characteristics it would be a plus:
- Leadership capabilities within and outside the group, give guidance to non-statisticians, provide feedback, engage.
- Seeks information from the internal and external environment to understand the wider business, scientific and/or commercial context.
- Function within a multisite group having team members in BE, DE and IT.
- Team player and respect for deadlines.
- Interactions with external international partners, regulatory agencies, academic collaborators as required by the business.
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork in a culture of Innovation, Performance and Trust.
GSK Vaccines- Our Vaccines business has a broad portfolio and innovative pipeline of vaccines to protect people of all ages. We deliver over two million vaccine doses per day to people living in over 160 countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com .
Patient-focused Research and Development (R&D) is the heart of our business. Our R&D department seeks to discover and develop new vaccines, to protect against diseases where vaccines are not yet available and to improve on those vaccines that already exist. Part of our R&D programme targets diseases particularly prevalent in the developing world, including the World Health Organisation's three priority diseases - HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria. Research into candidate vaccines for other diseases of the developing world, such as dengue are at an earlier stage of development.
When it comes to developing the vaccines of the future, we're looking for real experts in their respective fields who are interested in working in the stimulating environment of an international healthcare company.
We emphasise the value of teamwork and we look for people ready to share our values of transparency, respect, integrity and patient focus.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
We provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best.
If you have a disability and require assistance during the course of the selection process, you will have the opportunity to let us know what specific assistance you require in order to make suitable arrangements.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top