Ethics & Compliance Manager, US & PR Consumer Healthcare
- Roxbury, NJ
Site Name: USA - New Jersey - Warren
Posted Date: Sep 24 2020
The role covers Consumer Healthcare operations in US and Puerto Rico
The purpose of a Country Compliance Officer is:
- Help the Organization to grow as a patient and consumer focused sustainable business. Drive the Organization to make Values-based decisions
- Ensure that the Organization carries out its strategy and objectives, that it can spot and manage any risks that may arise.
- Direct, manage and coach Compliance Associates / Champions, act as SPOC for Consumer Healthcare Commercial Organization
- Support implementation the Internal Control Framework that enables risk oversight and effective controls.
- Act as the Privacy Champion for Consumer Healthcare Commercial Organization
- Promote a Values-based culture through encouragement of, among other things, Speak Up
- Coach relevant GSK staff on the Values and Expectations
- Understand business strategy and objectives
- Act as a strategic advisor and partner with the business to develop compliant solutions
- Advising senior leaders in the business on Corporate, Business Unit and Global Function and Local policies and pragmatic solutions for implementation
- Champion of the GEC function by promoting the value-add we bring
- Develop Compliance solutions engaging with Global Support Functions
- Enable and drive change by providing input to and supporting implementation of CH Global Compliance Initiatives
- Implement compliance programmes standards and training by translating global requirements into local specific actions
- Act as a change leader for cutting edge practices and standardization, where appropriate, to simplify the complexity of our practices.
- Ensure adequate internal controls are in place by independently assessing the framework, and supporting Independent Business Monitoring programme
- For CH, identify simplification, standardization opportunities for Compliance activities aligned with GEC and Consumer Healthcare global initiatives
- Engage with external parties to promote and defend GSK's industry ethical lead and shape the external environment
- Partner with the business to develop and oversee completion of CAPAs resulting from investigations, monitoring, audits or inspections
- Oversee investigations conducted by CIT and manage stakeholders
- Encourage discussion of relevant, significant risks and ensure that issues and conclusions are reported upward and consistently across the market.
- Support global training initiatives and ensure local training requirements are delivered effectively
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Law, Finance, or other applicable degree
- Experience in a Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Healthcare, or Consumer based company
- Demonstrated significant compliance, legal and/or internal control experience in a global pharmaceutical, healthcare or other relevant organization, or consultancy firm supporting relevant clients
Preferred Qualifications: If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Track record in providing high degree of reliance, accountability, and value-added support to senior stakeholders
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and trust around sensitive compliance issues.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the capability to flex communication style to the needs of stakeholders at every level of management as well as to content experts.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence individuals at all levels of the organisation to work in accordance with company Values
Why GSK? Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top