- Rockville, MD
Site Name: USA - Maryland - Rockville
Posted Date: Aug 11 2020
The Epidemiology Lead will be responsible for Epidemiological studies within a large program or group of related programs (led by a Clinical and Epidemiology Research & Development Project Lead - CEPL) within the context of the GSK Vaccines process in order to ensure the high quality and on-time delivery of all epi data that will allow and support world-wide registration in compliance with the clinical and epi development plan, applicable good practices, and GSK Vaccines standard operating procedures (SOP).
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Contribute significantly to the development of worldwide epidemiological strategy and policies and their implementations and research plan to accomplish that strategy in one (or more) vaccine/disease areas.
- Work effectively with the clinical development team and the access team to communicate about disease occurrence, disease understanding, payer evidence, risk management plan, and safety issues based on reviews of available literature and/or new epidemiological studies.
- Responsible to manage and implement epidemiological activities according to strategy and plan with the support of the operational teams: involve in strategic plan, discussion, study design, protocol review, data collection, compilation and interpretation and scientific writing for publication, as well as literature reviews and compilation of existing epidemiologic data;
- Primary responsibility for development of study design and data collection for epi studies.
- Author final report summarizing study results. Write and co-author manuscripts for peer-reviewed publications. Make presentations to the scientific, medical, and public health communities at national and international meetings.
- Effectively represent GSK Vaccines to external stakeholders, including regulatory authorities, international bodies, and key scientific opinion leaders.
- Plan and coordinate scientific dissemination of epidemiology data, in consultation with internal partners and external stakeholders.
- Contribute to cross functional activities as epidemiologist representative: task forces/working groups, development of policies/guidances related to epidemiology activities and also organizational work stream
- Provide support to Regional Epidemiologists as needed.
- Partner with external groups conducting epi and other community studies globally; initiate and manage external collaborations globally.
Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- MD or PharmD with Master's Degree (MS or MPH) or equivalent postgraduate qualification in EpidemiologyOR PhD Epidemiologist in infectious diseases and/ or vaccine-related epidemiology.
- 2 years of advanced training or experience in infectious diseases and/ or vaccine-related epidemiology
- Experience n the principles of epidemiologic study design, conduct, and quantitative analytical methods used for epidemiological studies
- Experience in reviewing the statistical and epidemiological literature to identify appropriate methodology to achieve research goals
- Experience in using statistical tools and database software, as well as proficiency in collating and analyzing epidemiologic data
- PhD Epidemiologist in infectious diseases and/ or vaccine/drug-related epidemiology
- Self-motivated with the ability to effectively work independently and in a team, and to develop credibility with colleagues within and outside Clinical RDC
- Ability to resolve problems through resourceful use of information and contacts
- An organizer /planner /analyzer /implementer / problem-solver with demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Able to understand and interpret scientific methods and information and communicate the data to both scientific and lay audiences, in written and presentation formats
- Strong skills in using statistical tools and database software, as well as proficiency in collating and analyzing epidemiologic data
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Problem-solver; ability to see solutions to complex, unique situations where the epidemiological principles need to be applied
- Ability to handle a high degree of change in priority projects.
- Ability to deal calmly with complex managerial and technical issues.
- Diplomacy and cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Ability to work well within a global and matrix environment, balance priorities, and handle multiple tasks through good planning, project administration, and organization skills.
- Customer oriented/ Service oriented; mature; calm under pressure
- Team player
Why GSK? Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top