Environment, Health & Safety
- Missoula, MT
Site Name: USA - Montana - Hamilton
Posted Date: Jan 6 2021
Are you energized by an opportunity to improve delivery of safety strategies and services across businesses, geographically and enterprise wide? IF so, this Environment, Health & Safety role could be an ideal opportunity to explore.
As an Environment, Health & Safety, you will be responsible for Developing, Implementing and Maintaining effective Environmental Management Program to reduce risk of environmental impact and ensure compliance with local and GSK requirements.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following...
Provide day-to-day direct support to regional environmental manager to ensure reports, audits, permits and other site functions are effectively completed to ensure full environmental compliance of the site(s).
- Promote, develop and audit site EHS management systems, author & update environmental SOPs as required, influence staff at all levels with the primary focus on environmental management.
- Assist with the development and implementation of forward thinking environmental, health and safety (EHS) improvement programs to deliver year on year reductions in environmental adverse events. Monitor and analyze environmental performance metrics and support continuous improvement projects to help the site achieve environmental and sustainability goals
- Manage environmental permits and reports of environmental performance data (internal and external). Liaise with external environmental regulators/ front external audits - EPA, MT DEQ, GSK and other accrediting/ legislative bodies.
- Provide timely, high quality EHS technical support to the Site. Offer expert environmental advice and guidance and assist in hazard identification, elimination and risk reduction in the areas of environmental management and sustainability.
- Undertake and encourage the development of suitable & sufficient Risk Assessments.
- Identify environmental training needs and seek to provide that training through in house resources or external consultancy. Create & deliver of environmental training packages, including legal requirements, to equip the site with the internal expertise needed to manage environmental performance in a sustainable manner going forward.
- Support the Site's Management of Change Program by providing input, reviewing, approving and recommending changes that have an EHS impact.
- Perform internal and external audits to assess compliance with legal and company requirements and to identify opportunities for improvements
- Collaborate with other departments to develop and support continuous improvement projects to reduce water and waste emissions
- Perform other duties to support the EHS team as required.
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's of Science in Biology, Environmental Science, Safety Engineering, other science-related fields
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as Environmental Specialist in industrial setting.
- Experience to recommend and implement controls and improvements.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Master's of Science in Environmental Science, Safety Engineering, other science-related fields.
- Demonstrated understanding of key regulatory requirements (e.g. DOT, EPA, Montana DEQ and applicable OSHA rules and regulations) and their specific application to a manufacturing and laboratory environment.
- Familiarity with pharmaceutical or other GMP manufacturing environment, a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Computer skills primarily with Microsoft Office Suite and SAP
- Certifications: Certified Hazardous Materials Manager, CHMM, preferred
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
*This is a job description to aide in the job posting, but does not include all job evaluation details.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top