- Stevenage, United Kingdom
Site Name: UK - Hertfordshire - Stevenage
Posted Date: May 18 2020
Enterprise Architect, Research Solutions Architecture
Architecture is transforming Tech and it is an exciting time to be part of the team. The Enterprise Architect, Research Solutions Tech is a key role in our journey. There is significant scientific modernization occurring in R&D and this is driving investment in new Tech functionality. Additionally, there is a strong focus on scientific data management, integration and re-use. As such there is a real opportunity to add value and impact through well thought-out data and application architecture with an emphasis on data fabric. Coupled to this there is a demand from R&D users for robust and usable systems, which places a strong emphasis on high quality enterprise architecture.
As an Enterprise Architect, you will work with Product teams to ensure that Application, Information and Technical architectures align with the strategic target architecture plans and comply with all relevant Tech. You will provide leadership to link the business mission, strategy, and processes of GSK R&D Research solutions to its IT strategy with plans, models and solutions that ensure the current and future needs of the Research and Medicinal Science and Technology organization and IT will be met in an efficient, secure, sustainable, agile, and adaptable manner.
This role will provide you the opportunity to lead key activities to progress your career. The responsibilities include some of the following:
- Maintain current knowledge of GSK architecture components as well as our key cloud platforms.
- Ensure architectures proposed by product team comply with standards and policies
- Work with product teams by contributing in defining architectures.
- Be an active participant in the Scrum of Scrums and key products in solution groups.
- Ensure that architecture artefacts and decision-making reflects the GSK wide view and longer-term timeframe when appropriate.
- Align IT to the business to achieve strategies and objectives such as:improved data integration and data quality, simpler and standard architectures.
- Maximize reuse and contribute to the life-cycle of existing standards and services
- Approve architecture and standard exceptions while ensuring each is justifiable.
- Educate key IT and business stakeholders on global and local architecture, the value proposition and alignment with business and IT goals and objectives
- Work with other architects and product teams to align R&D™s operations with IT by improving the IT infrastructure and optimizing business operations.
- Embrace the principle of Loosely Coupled, Highly Cohesive design to Catalog, Develop, Coordinate and Communicate enterprise and information architectures, representations, capabilities, components, and plans in order for R&D Tech to progress their product plans.
- Work with the engineers and product owners to ensure products align with the strategic target architecture plans as well as help produce effectively designed solutions.
- Contribute in Design and Development of intentional architecture components that act as foundational reusable patterns and enhances product design, performance and usability and sets direction for cross-team implementation.
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelors Degree in computer science, engineering, or similar discipline
- Experience and / or exposure to enterprise architecture in an IT organization ((e.g. Clinical, Research)
- Track record in successful architecture and design.
- Track record in delivering business impact through IT enabled solutions.
- Experience of Agile and DevOps
- Proven experience with architecting solutions on Azure or GCP
- Experience with all artefacts of modelling and enterprise
- Strong influencing and communication skills.
- Knowledge of Drug Discovery and Development systems.
- Good understanding of various software paradigms: procedural, data-driven, object-oriented, functional
- Demonstrable knowledge depth in more than one area of software engineering and technology.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Masters or PhD in computer science, engineering or similar discipline
- Knowledge Graph (neo4j, GRAKN)
- Experience deploying data catalogs and master data solutions in a large enterprise
- Experience constructing a data fabric or similar architecture
- Design and architecture of BI and analytic environments
- Integration of AI and ML in business applications
Interested in Joining the Team? Please apply via our online portal providing your CV and Cover Letter.
Please ensure you apply before COB 31st May 2020 to ensure you a™re in the running!
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
Why GSK? Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigor and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging to help people do more, feel better and live longer. We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. Thats why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
You will join GSK vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Find out how you can do this .
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities. You can either call us on 0808 234 4391, or send an email firstname.lastname@example.org
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top