Engineering Director - Consumer Healthcare Supply Chain
- Warren, NJ
Site Name: USA - New Jersey - Warren
Posted Date: Sep 25 2020
As the North America Engineering lead, you will be a part of the Supply Chain Leadership Team for the region. You will bring enterprise thinking to discussions. You will also be the single point of contact for Engineering for the Consumer Health North America Supply Chain.
As the NA Engineering lead your accountabilities include capital planning & governance, maintenance standards & performance, equipment reliability & performance, environmental sustainability for water & greenhouse gases, Engineering Compliance & adherence to related Engineering standards & ways of working. This is an opportunity to utilize perspectives from other industries and identify new engineering solutions that will drive efficiency and EHS improvements. Further, you will think about how innovation / technologies will be appropriately produced within the Network. You will also be a major contributor to network site decisions and the assessment of what the network of the future should be to best support the business.
Prefer the role to be based in Warren, NJ. The role can also be based at our manufacturing sites in Oak Hill, NY; Lincoln, NE or St. Louis, MO. We could also support a remote worker based in the Eastern Time Zone in the U.S. but would require monthly travel to the Warren, NJ site .
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following...
- Oversee and govern capital & maintenance spend for NA sites including:Regular budget & project / programme delivery plan reviews.
Investment proposal review with business justification, ensuring prioritization of capital & forecasting of capital spend.
Conduct Program review and alignment with site and network objectives.
Identification of strategic engineering solutions that challenge existing practices and on-board on new engineering solutions
- Ensure that Engineering objectives are in place aligned to NA SC's business plan & priorities & drive CH QSC Engineering programmes in the region.
- Support project delivery with critical focus on contractor & construction safety, & safe systems of work.
- Provide site support & oversight for standardization, creation & maintenance of site Facility Master Plans & Maintenance Strategy & embed Manufacturing Excellence into ways of working (TPM, WCM etc).
- Provide guidance and support for standardized Engineering organization design & ensure fit for purpose Engineering capability at sites through recruitment, development of internal talent & through building robust succession pipelines.
- Provide support to sites for Process Improvement and OEE initiatives. Provide guidance and support to create a strong Maintenance Reliability culture to improve equipment performance and reduce breakdowns contributing to OEE losses and downtime.
- Provide guidance & support to sites for compliance processes - Global Engineering, EHS & Quality standards & processes.
- Ensure organizational capability & processes are in place to ensure Engineering areas of EHS Duty Holding for high severity risks are effectively deployed through the site organization.
- Champion the product contamination reduction program for NASC, building site expertise & reducing the cost & frequency of contamination events.
- Ensure comprehensive energy management, carbon impact & utility cost reduction plans are developed & implemented with specific energy consumption target reductions agreed with the SC & Site leads & are aligned with CH QSC's overall objectives in this area.
- Lead the property risk programme in the region.
- Be present at & provide hands on support to sites frequently.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering
- 10-15 years professional Engineering experience
- Previous delivery experience in compliance & Health & Safety within a regulated industry - process, machinery, containment & contractor safety, hazardous area protection concepts & hazardous utilities.
- Previous Site Manufacturing experience to include a through understanding of engineering standards (ex. calibration) , site maintenance requirements and safety compliance regulations preferably in the CPG, FMCG or Pharma industries.
- Previous site engineering leadership experience.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Bachelor's Degree in mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering
- Project / program management experience
- Ability to influence across multiple sites
- Experience in interacting with regulators & auditors are required.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top