- St. Louis, MO
Site Name: USA - Missouri - St. Louis
Posted Date: Jul 27 2020
36 hour work week: Fri, Sat, Sun 6:00 PM to 6:30 AM
The purpose of this position is the installation of new equipment and the calibration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of production, packaging, and warehouse equipment, compliant with NEC and OSHA requirements.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following...
- Comply with all operational, safety, process safety, environmental permits, Quality policies, procedures and training requirements. Comply with all local and corporate policies and procedures.
- Installation of new equipment and troubleshooting of production, packaging and warehouse equipment, working successfully in a team environment.
- Maintain instrumentation and central controls systems for production, packaging and warehouse equipment.
- Includes component level troubleshooting of microprocessor-based systems, measurement-optical systems, HVAC central controls and programming at the micro and Program Logistical Control (PLC) level.
- Repair existing equipment from written specifications such as blueprints, equipment manuals, engineering sketches, and verbal instruction.
- Use of programmable controller, VFDs, AC and DC motors, starters, 3-phase power, solid state logic, process instrumentation, and circuit layouts.
- Create material lists after obtaining proper authority; order all materials necessary to complete tasks. Utilize CMMS program to process workorders and PMs.
- Carry out responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, procedures, and state, federal and local laws.
- Respond to internal customer needs and/or requests professionally, effectively, and efficiently.
- Maintain department cleanliness, knowledge and compliance of GMPs and SOPs.
- Ensure Quality and Compliance in accordance with established procedures and standards of the Quality System.
- Comply with and support the GSK Environmental, Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 years experience in industrial environment as an Electrician
- Experience utilizing CMMS and Microsoft products
- Associate's Degree in Electrical
- Electrical license
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, working productively and independently with very little supervision
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top