Electrical Maintenance Supervisor
- Rockville, MD
Site Name: USA - Maryland - Rockville
Posted Date: Jan 16 2020
Are you looking for an opportunity to manage electrical systems and lead maintenance and repairs for a major biopharm manufacturing facility? If so, this is the job for you.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
- Supervise electrical maintenance and repair activities for GSK pre-clinical, clinical and commercial cGMP activities.
- Supervise the maintenance and repairs for 13.2kV, 4160V, 480V, and 120/208V electrical distribution networks including transformers, switches and switchgear, circuit breakers, and motor control components and wiring.
- Uses available schematic drawings or knowledge of electrical equipment operation to diagnose failures. Troubleshoots and repairs all type of electrical equipment failures including switchgear, motors, motor controllers, batteries/capacitors, transformers, and process equipment
- Supervises maintenance and repairs for emergency power systems including uninterruptible power supplies (UPSs), emergency generators and paralleling switchgear, transfer switches and associated control networks
- Ensures required records, logs, electrical drawings, and audit/inspection forms are reviewed and maintained. Monitors the building power monitoring and control system (PMCS) for normal power operation, prepares and analyses status or diagnostic reports.
- Assigns preventive and predictive maintenance routines to Site Electricians for performance. Makes recommendations for maintenance frequencies and tasks to enhance equipment life and maintainability.
- Assists with corporate compliance initiatives related to high voltage (>1000V) and low voltage (
- the EHS risk assessment process within management area (i.e., identify operations needing to be assessed, approve completed assessments, and ensure any required mitigation/Corrective and Preventative Actions (CAPAs) are implemented on time
- least weekly, review Zero Accident Promotions (ZAPs) submitted by team, identify trends and any applicable CAPAs, and discuss with team
- least weekly, conduct routine EHS-focused process confirmation at in the area of management
- least monthly, review area self-inspection reports to identify recurring EHS issues and ensure effective CAPAs are implemented
The Electrical Maintenance Supervisor may be responsible for making departmental decisions concerning maintenance and repair of electrical equipment and providing input to the Manager facilities when contributing to the decision-making process for items affecting the site as a whole. The typical work hours for this position are a standard work day and 40-hour work week however after hours support may be required on occasion. Some travel may be required.
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 0-5 years experience in electrical maintenance management.
- 5-10 years experience with a biopharmaceutical company.
- This role requires the ability to read and understand electrical single-lines, panel schedules, and equipment schematics. Additionally, the role will require the ability to diagnose, install and repair electrical equipment.
- Proper training as provided through a formal vocational program or apprenticeship. Strong technical background in NFPA 70 and NFPA 70E required.
- Strong organization skills
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Production experience
- Detailed understanding of electrical infrastructure, emergency backup systems and some knowledge of process activities in a Biotech and/or pharmaceutical facility
- Familiar with FDA and cGMP requirements and implementing and maintaining procedures to meet such guidelines
- Leadership experience should include direction with building design requirements, staffing organization, as well as licensing and clinical operating procedures.
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top