EHS, Head of Process & Machinery Safety (GSK Consumer Healthcare)
Site Name: UK - London - Brentford, USA - New Jersey - Warren
Posted Date: Mar 24 2020
Do you have experience as in the development and delivery of strategy for process and machinery safety? If so, this job is the right one for you.
As the Head of Process & Machinery Safety you will be responsible to develop and deliver strategies for process & machinery safety in the Consumer Health Supply Chain business. You will need to development of a consistent application of common technology and mandatory Global Engineering Standards, and author company standards to effectively manage risk and address issues with non-compliance to regulatory expectations. You will establish effective relationships with site leads and key professional engineering suppliers (equipment and engineering) to support the delivery of projects, the maintenance & safe operation of site assets and infrastructure.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
- Act the senior authority for Process & Machinery safety for GSK Consumer Health, approve relevant duty holders at Consumer Health Sites.
- Create competency and development programs throughout the network, aligned to the relevant professional institutes. Mentor and develop Site Electrical Engineers and other key engineering talent to improve engineering capability.
- Develop and deliver strategies for electrical engineering in Consumer Health, in areas such as equipment and technology, asset maintenance and life cycle management, safety competency and capability
- Implement safety standards for CH facilities, establish standards for system/equipment life cycle management.
- Author and subject matter expert (SME) for Global Engineering Standards, Engineering Guidelines or EHS documents.
- Interface with regulatory and professional bodies on related engineering & safety matters. Act as key interface & lead for facility loss prevention programs arising from fire & natural hazards.
- Carry out site visits to assess and verify standards and compliance, coach site engineering staff, provide face-to-face training and deliver specialist advice and support.
- Lead the transition of Process & Machinery Safety accountabilities & programs from the Pharma EHS hosted service to Consumer Health, ensuring appropriate organisational effectiveness & performance.
This role can be based at any of the GSK Consumer Healthcare Supply Chain sites in the U.S., UK or Europe.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Engineering
- Demonstrated experience in Engineering within the Consumer / Pharmaceuticals industry including hazardous area classified process facilities.
- Proven delivery of complex projects.
- Requires additionally to have proven knowledge and delivery in compliance. This will cover process & mechanical engineering, validation, process, machinery and containment safety; hazardous area protection concepts; previous proven good interaction with regulators/auditors.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Academic qualification in Leadership/Management, Process & Machinery Safety Expert or Professional accreditation, academic qualification in project management
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigor and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top