EHS, Head of Industrial / Occupational Hygiene & Ergonomics (Consumer Healthcare)
- Brentford, United Kingdom
Site Name: UK - London - Brentford, USA - New Jersey - Warren
Posted Date: May 19 2020
Do you have experience as a Leader in Industrial Hygiene or Ergonomics that manages others, works with stakeholders and drives delivery of the risk management strategy for a business? If so, this job is the right one for you.
As Head of Industrial Hygiene & Ergonomics you will lead and integrate the Industrial Hygiene (IH) - also called Occupational Hygiene - risk management strategy across the Consumer Health Supply Chain. The IH function operates in the risk space of chemicals, noise, radiation, thermal, radiological, biological and ergonomic stressors. The Head, IH directs the effective execution of the hierarchical control risk management strategy to positively impact GSK business performance, and ensure the health and safety of our manufacturing workforce colleagues.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
• Provides professional IH leadership to diverse EHS/business leads across geographical and cultural boundaries; provide IH technical management to the regional and site based GSK IH practitioners
• Directs, mentors, manages the talent, and the succession planning of the Regional IH Team to assure professionalism and continuity of regional IH SME support
• Directing, guiding and influencing business decision makers through flexing excellent interpersonal and leadership skills to challenge the status quo and develop risk mitigation programs to engage all staff and foster accountability
• Drives the sustainability of forward progress for the GSK Cx Chemical Agents Maturity Model process through a rigorous process of Governance, Metrics, Escalations and Communications to Sr Executive Mgmt. and business leaders
• Manages the integrity of Cx chemical exposure data through leading the implementation of a secure data management system, creates standard IH work tools for Cx IH practitioner consistency and governs functionality
• Initiates programs to address the gaps in the sustainability/professionalism of the IH function in Cx through an 'IH Academy' offering
• Drives for the extension of exposure control competency through the Containment Engineering focus program to up skill site engineers in exposure control strategies while overseeing the continued success of the ECE Hub
• Implement a culture of working across partner organizations (i.e Quality, Engineering, Technical, Operations) to develop processes and tools to allow for shared/overlapped risks to be addressed in a collaborative manner utilizing the Hierarchy of controls
• Analyses leading workplace health and productivity loss indicators; develops and leads programs to mitigate and prevent future losses ensuring that past and present failure and success learning are leveraged i.e Sensitizer Focus Program
• Maintain/nurture an appropriate outward focus in IH through participation in top tier external professional organizations; intake of Best Practices for internal benchmarking in the IH risk spectrum, in our fast- moving technical profession.
• Leads various Communities of Practice in GSK with collaborative business partners in R&D, Occupational Toxicology, Medical, Process Safety, and regional site expert practitioners to innovate/change operating methods to achieve the right balance of chemical and physical agent exposure risk control necessary to maximize the GSK human capacity for safe work, within the larger context of a trusted business
This role can be based at any of the GSK Consumer Healthcare Supply Chain sites in the U.S., UK or Europe.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Demonstrated leadership experience within the Consumer / Pharmaceuticals industry.
- Knowledge of relevant manufacturing processes is essential to ensuring effective and efficient delivery of strategy. The use of hazardous chemicals is commonplace in the network and therefore safety in design and operation to mitigate these risks is an essential skill.
- The site network & product portfolio are large and complex and requires proven experience to manage effectively.
- Requires additionally to have proven knowledge and delivery in compliance. This will cover electrical power engineering, validation, process, machinery and containment safety; hazardous area protection concepts; previous proven good interaction with regulators/auditors.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Master of Science.
- Academic qualification in Leadership/Management, IH Expert or Professional accreditation, academic qualification in project management.
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GSK's Employees
JasdeepSenior Manager, Corporate Services Procurement - Digital & Tech
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top