EHS Global Third Party Process Safety Expert
Site Name: India - Maharashtra - Worli Mumbai
Posted Date: Jan 15 2020
The EHS Global Third Party Process Safety Lead is responsible for developing the Process Safety strategy and delivering a sustainable Process Safety improvement for GSK Third Party Suppliers.
The Process Safety Lead will drive a demonstrable Process Safety plan of improvement for Third Party Suppliers, individually and through teamwork by:
a prioritised, effective auditing/engagement process with suppliers
building the Process Safety capability of the EHS Third Party Supplier team to support
identification and completion of Process Safety improvements
highlighting and deploying both general awareness and Process safety tools and processes
to Third Party Suppliers
keeping alongside new approaches and ensuring best practice Process Safety tools and
techniques are used
As part of the EHS Third Party Supply Leadership team, the Process Safety Lead will also support the general risk exposure reduction for Third Party Suppliers across all aspects of EHS, such as fire/explosion, environmental contamination, occupational hygiene, machinery safety and general EHS management systems.
- Working as part of the Global EHS Third Party Supply leadership team, driving the reduction in GSK's risk exposure for Third Party Suppliers across general EHS management systems
- Develop a strategy for sustainable Process Safety improvement across Third Party Suppliers and use effective monitoring, oversight and governance to reduce GSK's Process Safety risk exposure
- Create and deploy specific tools and interventions to monitor, assess and reduce 3rd party supplier Process Safety risks
- Plan, develop, deliver and integrate Process safety into audit and engagement strategies of third party suppliers, working closely with both audit and engagement activities and team members, GSK Process Safety experts elsewhere in GSK and external auditing bodies to ensure the agreed audits are completed, with action plans developed and tracked to completion
- Build the Process Safety competency of the GSK EHS Third Party Supplier team to enable all team members to support delivery of the overall Process Safety improvement plan
- As the Process Safety Subject Matter Expert, integrate with Process Safety teams internally and externally to ensure best practice is used within the team
- Build a portfolio of Process Safety interventions for suppliers to help them develop relevant Process Safety capabilities to reduce the risk of high severity incidents and liaison with external service providers
- Help GSK Third Party Suppliers to translate technical Process Safety consultant reports into prioritised, realistic improvement programmes
Job Related Experience:
- Led process safety programmes or activities in Pharmaceutical primary API manufacture (or in industries with similar process safety hazards)- Flammable, hazardous, toxic liquids, reactions, dust powder explosion risks
- Experience in other EHS roles and activities, such as general/specific Risk Assessments, fire/explosion, Occupational Hygiene, Machinery Safety, environmental contamination
- Proven ability to lead and deliver a programme or capital project
- Understanding of EHS regulations and general industry requirements for EHS
- Proven and effective leadership qualities with ability to make key decisions at a strategic level
- Ability to bring internal and external teams along on an improvement programme, delivering the targeted outcomes
- Proven networking capability with internal and external stakeholders, customers and technical experts for benchmarking and best practice
- Effective and influential team member and an effective manager of change
- History of supporting / developing others to succeed and achieve objectives themselves
- EHS auditing experience in a range of situations/sites
- Ability to successfully facilitate events
- Led Process Safety programmes or activities in Pharmaceutical secondary manufacture (or in industries with similar process safety hazards) -Flammable, hazardous, toxic liquids, reactions, dust powder explosion risks
- Experience working in or with Third Party Suppliers
- Experience in Operational Engineering or site EHS roles
- Previous regional role in EHS/Engineering/Procurement
- Understanding of EHS regulations across various countries, specifically India and China
- History of actioning consultant reports for Process Safety into actionable, deliverable programmes of work
Educational Background :
- The job holder should have degree level education and be able to demonstrate extensive competence in Process Safety field.
- Engineering/EHS/Science Discipline
- Technical competence to understand and improve Process Safety
- Chartered Engineer status in a relevant engineering discipline
- Further certification / training / education in Process Safety and general EHS
- Engineering / EHS Discipline
- Indication of technical certification for Process Safety general EHS competencies
Process Safety certification
- Prince2 / Project Management certification
- NEBOSH or equivalent general EHS certifications
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
It has come to our attention that the names of GlaxoSmithKline or GSK or our group companies are being used in connection with bogus job advertisements or through unsolicited emails asking candidates to make some payments for recruitment opportunities and interview. Please be advised that such advertisements and emails are not connected with the GlaxoSmithKline group in any way.
GlaxoSmithKline does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection with recruitment with any GlaxoSmithKilne (or GSK) group company at any worldwide location. Even if they claim that the money is refundable.
If you come across unsolicited email from email addresses not ending in gsk.com or job advertisements which state that you should contact an email address that does not end in "gsk.com", you should disregard the same and inform us by emailing email@example.com, so that we can confirm to you if the job is genuine.
Back to top