EHS Champion (fixed-term contract)
- Wavre, Belgium
Site Name: Belgium-Rixensart
Posted Date: Sep 7 2020
As EHS (Environment Health and Safety) Champion, you contribute to the development of the EHS culture by participating in the field implementation of the actions from the EHS roadmap and the MPU (Manufacturing Production Unit) EHS plan, for the HAV building.
You ensure the sharing of EHS good practices with all MPU staff, and monitor the effectiveness of the actions emanating from the SO and CAPA.
You'll report to the Head of Technical Services, of the MPU HAV.
On the production shopfloor:
- You contribute to the development of EHS culture by providing preventive advice on the ground, and ensure that risks are clearly identified by the hierarchical line.
- You support main EHS relay and field relays.
- You organize the annual exercise of evacuation of the building with the hierarchical line (plan and evacuation pictograms up to date) and follow-up the actions following evacuation drill.
- You perform PROPRE and audit L1 EHS as part of the audit universe.
- You ensure sharing of safety observation and monitoring of actions in third parties.
- You ensure that the job descriptions are appropriate to the risks and that the staff concerned is familiar with the mitigation measures. If necessary, you realize the updates.
- You share and adopt "EHS good practices", and contribute to the development of EHS excellence.
- You support the implementation of actions following EHS level 2 or 3 audits.
- You participate in VSE debriefing.
- You update MPU EHS Plans & List of EPI's, rescue workers, evacuators, ...
Outside production building (administrative tasks):
- You participate in a weekly meeting with the EHS manager of the MPU.
- You identify the EHS training needs for the staff
- You support the hierarchical line in the drafting of PS and accident analysis documents.
- You participate and support the LH in conducting risk analyzes.
- You perform SAP monitoring of safety observations.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Scientific University degree (biotechnology, engineering)
- Safety advisor level 2 diploma (or committed to pass level 2 later during the year)
- Knowledge of the EHSS Guidelines and Standards Belgium.
- Fluent French, good level of oral and written English.
If you have the following characteristics it would be a plus:
- Ability to drive EHS Culture, and engage people
- Flexible, and easily adapt to new/unexpected situations
Why GSK? Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork in a culture of Innovation, Performance and Trust.
GSK Vaccines- Our Vaccines business has a broad portfolio and innovative pipeline of vaccines to protect people of all ages. We deliver over two million vaccine doses per day to people living in over 160 countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com .
Once our pioneering treatments have been developed, they are manufactured to the highest standards and distributed across the regions that need them most. Accomplishing this as efficiently and quickly as possible can quite literally be a matter of life and death. So, it's no wonder that more than 70% of our talented workforce is based within Global Industrial Operations - the essential business unit that manufactures and manages the entire vaccine supply process, from customer order to product dispatch on a global scale.
As the name suggests, it operates in a multi-national context across more than 17 sites around the world, working closely in tandem with colleagues from a variety of disciplines and professions.
The department is structured in operating units that focus on various aspects of the manufacturing and supply process. These include Industrialisation (overseeing the transfer of production from R&D to a commercial level), Supply Chain Management and Technical Services.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
We provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best.
If you have a disability and require assistance during the course of the selection process, you will have the opportunity to let us know what specific assistance you require in order to make suitable arrangements.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top